• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Second Test at Lords

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
Re-reading these pages from last night and I'm more than a little embarrased tbh. OTT on my part.

Got a bit too caught up in it all, so apologies to all concerned.

FTR my England-hatred is purely sporting and almost exclusively cricketing. Certainly not in any way personal towards CWers.
**** me, lads, these convicts are going soft on us!

Malleeboy

U19 12th Man
History says Australia has no chance, but history is always there to be re-written.

It is amazing how the run of the green can follow a team, especially when they are on top in the match.

Humorously tho-, the unpires have been fair, they have given both batsman and bowlers the benefit of the doubt, it's just been unfortunate that it's been the English bowlers and the English batsman ;)

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Well, paint me shocked the Aussies are in this position. They are 200 runs behind but when JL and Gilchrist took Pakistan in Hobart, they were chasing around 180. That the Aussies have scored so quickly is to their credit because you've got two very in-form blokes out there hitting the ball well but they're probably not dog-tired after a full day's stone-walling.

The real test will come after the first hour when the adrenalin gives way to the aches from the previous day's play. I'd say Ponting will tell these two to play their natural games and not just try to edge Aus closer. Would think who England picks to start the day will be crucial and I'd reckon Aus would be hoping to keep at least one of these wickets intact once they breach 100 runs to win.

Last edited:

pasag

RTDAS
Re-reading these pages from last night and I'm more than a little embarrased tbh. OTT on my part.

Got a bit too caught up in it all, so apologies to all concerned.

FTR my England-hatred is purely sporting and almost exclusively cricketing. Certainly not in any way personal towards CWers.
Haha yeah, may have gone a little over the top in the heat of the moment :unsure:

Burgey

Must say too, that there's been (rightly) a fair bit of angst over Clarke's LO form in the past year or so.

Quite frankly, I couldn't give a toss. If he somehow (and it's unlikely) gets us through this, and continues to bat in tests as he has for most of the past year, I wouldn't give a **** if fails to score another LO run.

Wouldn't be good for his bank balance though.

pasag

RTDAS
Don't think they can do it, ftr. Too many stars have to align and I can see see early wickets vs the newish ball today.

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
Wait wait, so neither Haddin nor Clarke got out dabbing a lolly to mid on while in their 40s?!?! Was sure I was going to wake up and see something of that nature.

Nah fantastic stuff. We have hope in a match which we have no right to still be in. Great to have something to look forward to tonight.

Test is live going into the 5th day, Pothas got his wish :ph34r:

Burgey

Don't think they can do it, ftr. Too many stars have to align and I can see see early wickets vs the newish ball today.
Agree with this. England's opening partnerhip on day one looks like being the difference here, way things are turning out.

pasag

RTDAS
Clarke brilliantly put on 100 or so runs with the tail at Melbourne earlier in the year after being n/o overnight so the precedence is there, albeit on a smaller scale.

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
Those 3 should of been none wickets will be costly.
They might be. If we get rolled only adding 30 or so runs you would think they didn't really change the result. However if we get within 50 it might be a different story.

Andre

International Regular
Agreed. Going to be a cracking finish. Can't help but think a lot depends on how Flintoff pulls up in the morning with his knee. If he is not fully fit anything could happen.

Full credit to Michael Clarke - yesterday was the day he officially made it as a quality Test cricketer.