• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Second Test at Lords

pup11

International Coach
I'm so nerveous atm, just can't wait for the play to start, Hadds and Clarke have been brilliant so far, but I think when they started batting yesterday, even they might not have thought that they would find themselves in such a position.

I hope that since winning is starting to look like a possibilty all over gain, that doesn't put added pressure on Clarke and Haddin and others to follow, they just need to bat as well as they possibliy can in the next two sessions of this game, and the rest would take care of itself.

pup11

International Coach
To get this close is an absolute bonus for mine. Regardless of what happens day 5 it is a great effort by Clarke and Haddin to get us this close. Sometimes defining moments of Test cricket aren't reserved for winning teams.
To lose from here would be so disappointing, Clarke and Haddin have battled so hard, and if they go down after raising hopes, it would be such an anti-climax.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Jooooonnnnesssss!!!!

Bowwwwden!!!!

I hope it's similarly thrilling tonight.
Don't know that the current crop of commentators have the wherewithal not to spoil the moment tbh.

If it finishes with "Johnson! Boundary!" I'd be pretty happy though :)

ripper868

International Coach
Don't know that the current crop of commentators have the wherewithal not to spoil the moment tbh.

If it finishes with "Johnson! Boundary!" I'd be pretty happy though :)
Prefer "Broad, Overthrows!!" as Siddle and House scamper through on the second to last ball of play for the win.

ripper868

International Coach
Is it 8pm yet....this workday just continues to drag on and on...haven't looked forward to a day's play this much since, well, me and a lady acquaintance in bed one sunday morning.

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Looking at the stats, I can't believe Flintoff has scored 17 ducks in his career so far. That's huge.

wfdu_ben91

International 12th Man
We're gonna lose in a heartbreaker and there is going to be so much media publicity over the umpiring. Did Hussey get a poor decision?

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
I'm going to jump in the "I didn't think it was out live" bandwagon that Cribbage mentioned couldn't exist earlier. The noise sounded so much like bat hitting ground that I was skeptical straight away.

In regards to tonight, I'm so nervous about it I'll find it hard to watch. Bring it on though.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
I'm going to jump in the "I didn't think it was out live" bandwagon that Cribbage mentioned couldn't exist earlier. The noise sounded so much like bat hitting ground that I was skeptical straight away.

In regards to tonight, I'm so nervous about it I'll find it hard to watch. Bring it on though.
As I said earlier, I was more in the "Hmmmmmm" boat, than saying it wasn't out.

Anyways, can only see there being one winner tonight. England to be disappointed about Australia getting close, and Australia shattered that they got within sight. Pothas to be happy that he got to see nearly two full, exciting sessions on day 5.

Matt79

Hall of Fame Member
Here's hoping for brilliant uninterrupted sunshine and that the rock the Poms pick for their new ball obstinately refuses to swing, hey?

To paraphrase Team America, if we win this, it will be Adelaide times 52,973. No one even knows what that is!

biased indian

International Coach
If Australia don't lose a wicket in the first half hours play we are in for a thriller ..other wise could see them folding up around 150 short