• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Second Test at Lords

Demolition Man

State Vice-Captain
Have to say watching it live didn;t look like he hit it. Hussey looking behind did him no favors though. Shocked that the keeper couldn;t tell the difference there assuming he was watching the ball closely, appeared to be daylight between bat and ball.

JBH001

International Regular
Dont agree, tbh. Looked dead set out for mine in real time. Pretty silly to be going on about it, I reckon.

pup11

International Coach
FFS....Need some rain here, but judging the things are going for the Aussies, that might only happen once the last Australian wicket falls.

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
Have to say watching it live didn;t look like he hit it. Hussey looking behind did him no favors though. Shocked that the keeper couldn;t tell the difference there assuming he was watching the ball closely, appeared to be daylight between bat and ball.
8-)

Come off it. Are you trying to kid yourself that Haddin, Clarke and whoever else was fielding around the bat wouldn't have gone up for it? England can be accused of over-appealing at times (in just the same way that Australia can) but there was nothing wrong with that shout.

Matt79

Hall of Fame Member
Ya reckon??? Couldn't see it.
Anyway, crap shot by Huss to create the situation. Start again Clarke and North.

I'm not going to whinge about this innings for years to come, but I will cite it
when people trot out that Australia always gets the rub of the green.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I challenge anyone who saw that live to honestly say they didn't think Hussey had hit it.

Wrong decision, but pretty harsh to actually rip into the umpire about it, IMO. Looked and sounded like a regulation first slip catch.