• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Second Test at Lords

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I know I sound like a broken record, but we have no chance of winning this series with Stuart Broad in the team. Anderson bowls decently this morning, Broad bowls poorly so who does he take off? The decent one. I know he'll be saving Anderson for the follow on but ffs we'll never get to that with blondey bowling pies. What an absolutey garbage bowler.
This calls for another em@il to the ECB demanding to know why Strauss or whoever thought bowling short was the right idea.

It's absolutely ridiculous that captains can just do such stuff that beggars all common-sense and pay for it only in a tearful resignation 4 years later where everyone sympathises with them anyway.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Strauss may have to go as captain, he is clueless...his field placings are abysmal and he incessantly bowls Broad
He won't though, and everyone knows it. Strauss has captained dreadfully this series but if England win it (or even if they're not thrashed, which looks increasingly unlikely) then he'll be hailed as a fine leader.

wfdu_ben91

International 12th Man
Make sure we don't have to follow on so that if something goes wrong later on in the Test then it doesn't reflect as badly on Strauss. Stroke of genuis.

Pizzorno

State Vice-Captain
Sorry for mentioning 2005 lads, but Strauss' bowling changes are a far cry from Vaughan's back then when he'd rotate Flintoff, Giles, Jones, Hoggard and Harmison perfectly. It was certainly far better than having a lanky blonde waste of space bowling absolute trash constantly from one end all day.

King Pietersen

International Captain
Ridiculous tactic from Broad to bowl 6 short balls an over, get a spinner on ffs. Guess I was wrong about Broad, he is crap, bring Harmy in. We know it won't happen though, Broads in for the rest of the series.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Had hoped Strauss had been called to the dressing room to be blasted for his tactics, but no...seems like Broad is still on and still bowling short

Pizzorno

State Vice-Captain
Ridiculous tactic from Broad to bowl 6 short balls an over, get a spinner on ffs. Guess I was wrong about Broad, he is crap, bring Harmy in. We know it won't happen though, Broads in for the rest of the series.
Dan i'm glad you admit that Broad is garbage. This is some of the most mindless bowling i've ever seen from a Test match bowler.

Pizzorno

State Vice-Captain
FFS THIRD MAN! ROAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Eurgh, shocking captaincy, shocking bowling. Only consolation is that Broad is getting mullered. Broad and Strauss are costing is the Test and further down the line they are going to cost us the series. I know Pietesen's a nob but if he was captain he'd have had Broad off ages ago.

Last edited:

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Sorry for mentioning 2005 lads, but Strauss' bowling changes are a far cry from Vaughan's back then when he'd rotate Flintoff, Giles, Jones, Hoggard and Harmison perfectly. It was certainly far better than having a lanky blonde waste of space bowling absolute trash constantly from one end all day.
Hmm, Harmison was a lanky waste of space bowling absolute trash for the last four Tests; Hoggard was a blonde waste of space bowling absolute trash for the first three.

But yes! Vaughan had some sense - he hardly used either of them at all in the Tests in question. What a genius strategy - bowl your bowlers who are bowling well!