• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Second Test at Lords

Pizzorno

State Vice-Captain
I want to see us bat again because I know that if we make them follow on they'll rack up 500 and our batsmen will completely bottle it when it comes to chasing. It's the England way.

Neil Pickup

Request Your Custom Title Now!
This is all about the atmospheric conditions. Batting today will be the best of it by every forecast I've seen - strongly inclined to bat again.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Its criminal the number of yorkers we've bowled this morning. Broad has barely pitched the ball on the batters side of the pitch and Anderson who has actually bowled decently hasn't got too many yorkers in either. I can understand bowling the short ball as a shock delivery, but the stock delivery really has to be the ball that is full and straight.
Against poor-quality batsmen frankly you should be looking to bowl Yorkers as your stock-ball. Yes, you'll get some wrong and bowl the odd Full-Toss but it should only be a matter of time.

Can really, really just see Broad getting the last wicket here. 8-)

Pizzorno

State Vice-Captain
WHY DOES NO ONE EVER USE A THIRD MAN ANYMORE?!

For Jesus sake when will a captain realise that a tailender scores about 90% of his runs in that area!

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
This is an incredible legnth Braod keeps bowling. Does he do this for his county as well?

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
Unbelievably important partnership here. If England get a 150+ lead, the game is pretty much over. Although Australia recovered from a hammering in Edgbaston in 1997 to win the series, this is the second Test and they'll feel under massive pressure if they lose this. Siddle and Hauritz look comfortable though and need to try to bat all day. I'm hopping in the shower now and reckon that one of them will be gone by the time I come out - caught at third slip is my prediction.
Back from the shower:laugh:

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
WHY DOES NO ONE EVER USE A THIRD MAN ANYMORE?!

For Jesus sake when will a captain realise that a tailender scores about 90% of his runs in that area!
Never. Might as well give-up being annoyed by it.

Broad concedes another 8 off 2 balls with this bang-in nonsense. If I wasn't so happy to see Broad go for runs I'd be exasperated.

Pizzorno

State Vice-Captain
I know I sound like a broken record, but we have no chance of winning this series with Stuart Broad in the team. Anderson bowls decently this morning, Broad bowls poorly so who does he take off? The decent one. I know he'll be saving Anderson for the follow on but ffs we'll never get to that with blondey bowling pies. What an absolutey garbage bowler.

Jakester1288

International Regular
I love seeing Siddle sending them through the point-gully-third slip region. Up to 30, his top score. The thing is, Strauss is too dumb to realize that maybe he should try putting a fielder there.

As I said, a really underrated batsmen. (Richard to rage).

Last edited: