• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Second Test at Lords

tooextracool

International Coach
Broad trying desperately to make Vaughan look stupid for having called him the most intelligent bowler he had ever captained by bowling short on this pitch. This is rank bowling, get him off ASAP

wfdu_ben91

International 12th Man
Anderson trying to sledge Hussey. Get real, his averaging 54 and you're averaging 33, who is the better cricketer? Idiot. Anderson's a big man, must feel pretty proud after getting two wickets, one being off an extremely poor ball and one which wasn't even out.

On a brighter note, Broad averaging over 40 again.

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
Broad trying desperately to make Vaughan look stupid for having called him the most intelligent bowler he had ever captained by bowling short on this pitch. This is rank bowling, get him off ASAP
I've not been watching but if this is correct then presumably the rain break(s) will allow Broad to reflect on the need to bowl a fuller length. And he ought to be being told this by Strauss, Flower and Gibson as well.

Unless, of course, he's under specific instructions to bang it in, in which case he's not really to be blamed for doing so.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Anderson trying to sledge Hussey. Get real, his averaging 54 and you're averaging 33, who is the better cricketer? Idiot. Anderson's a big man, must feel pretty proud after getting two wickets, one being off an extremely poor ball and one which wasn't even out.

On a brighter note, Broad averaging over 40 again.

so one should only sledge if one is the better cricketer?

I'll remember that one.

tooextracool

International Coach
Anderson trying to sledge Hussey. Get real, his averaging 54 and you're averaging 33, who is the better cricketer? Idiot. Anderson's a big man, must feel pretty proud after getting two wickets, one being off an extremely poor ball and one which wasn't even out..
Err like it or not, Ponting was out. There was no discernible reason for not giving that lbw unless there was bat involved which Im sure the umpire was not sure about. However given the catch, it had to be out one way or the other. So whether he nicked it or not is irrelevant.

And what has gone unnoticed amongst all the controversy over Ponting's dismissal and his response to the dismissal is that it was a very very good ball.

91Jmay

International Coach
I've not been watching but if this is correct then presumably the rain break(s) will allow Broad to reflect on the need to bowl a fuller length. And he ought to be being told this by Strauss, Flower and Gibson as well.

Unless, of course, he's under specific instructions to bang it in, in which case he's not really to be blamed for doing so.
To be honest that is akin to being told to jump off a cliff and doing it. He bowls the ball, his fault what happens to it.

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
To be honest that is akin to being told to jump off a cliff and doing it. He bowls the ball, his fault what happens to it.
I vas only obeying ze orders mein herr!

No, be fair to him, if your captain says to you "come on fella give them some short stuff" then you do what you're told. Unless you're Gubby Allen in which case you deserve to be shot for desertion if not outright treason.

91Jmay

International Coach
You think strauss told him to bowl legstump, waist high short balls or even better the longhop or "slower bouncer" or w.e its called?

I don't.

tooextracool

International Coach

He hasn't bowled short consistently, but hes been wayward for most of his overs. I don't think he should be bowling the short ball at all to Hussey, its definitely not a plan that his superiors have told him to employ, he just got conceded 7 runs in the over bowling a couple of bad balls (one on the pads and one wide of off stump) so he decided to bowl an unnecessary short ball which sat and up and got spanked for 4. I am still having a hard time believing that Onions hasn't bowled considering that he should really have been given the new ball with Anderson.

wfdu_ben91

International 12th Man

so one should only sledge if one is the better cricketer?

I'll remember that one.
When it's so painfully obvious, yes. Fair enough if Anderson was an accomplished bowler, but his averaging mid 30's over an extended period, FFS. Same thing goes for Zaheer Khan trying to sledge Hayden or Pietersen. Shocking.