• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Second Test at Lords

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
It's the first time all series that I have absolutely no plans for the next day and am able to watch a full day's play, and what happens? Rain!

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Here's the rain. Set that way for a while, isn't it?
Yeah should be that way. Good that it arrived nice and swiftly so the ball shouldn't have got wet.

How much more play we'll get today I'm not sure. There might be some, but I'd be surprised if it was more than 20-30 overs or so.

tooextracool

International Coach
Broad with pace. But it still doesn't seem that fast.....?
Not sure what is going on with the speedos this series, but it does appear that every bowler is bowling a lot faster than usual. Dont think I've ever seen Flintoff clocked at 93mph before yet hes bowled many deliveries at that pace and has generally been at or above the 90mph mark which is also unusual. Ditto Broad.

91Jmay

International Coach
Nah, Fred gets up to 93 MPH when he is fit and in form.

Broad has added a yard of pace, but that ball seemed overclocked.

Matt79

Hall of Fame Member
Not sure what is going on with the speedos this series, but it does appear that every bowler is bowling a lot faster than usual. Dont think I've ever seen Flintoff clocked at 93mph before yet hes bowled many deliveries at that pace and has generally been at or above the 90mph mark which is also unusual. Ditto Broad.
Yet Johnson has been showing as significantly slower than normal. That said, he's looked it

pasag

RTDAS
Holding is such an overrated commentator now. Rapid decline from him.
Yeah, have been saying this for a while.

Happy with our quick strikes early on but pretty disappointed with the loss of early wickets obv, though it's always bound to happen after a tough couple of days in the field. Really need these two to grind the bowlers into the ground.

Last edited:

tooextracool

International Coach
Cant believe that Broad is still on. Onions who is a new ball bowler will get to bowl with a ball which is more than 20 overs old.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Cant believe that Broad is still on. Onions who is a new ball bowler will get to bowl with a ball which is more than 20 overs old.
Yup, and it's not the first piece of poor captaincy we've seen from Strauss I'm afraid. Anderson should be rested afaics.