• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Second Test at Lords

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
This is the same Rudi who has not-irregularly out-Umpired everyone except Taufel on the circuit (sometimes even Taufel in fact)?
No it's a different one, because the Rudi who's at Lord's today has been getting far too many decisions wrong for far too long. No way has he been a decent international umpire for sometime.

And that's nowt to do with Ponting's decision, even though it was plainly wrong ( the caught, not the fact he was out at all).

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
No it's a different one, because the Rudi who's at Lord's today has been getting far too many decisions wrong for far too long. No way has he been a decent international umpire for sometime.

And that's nowt to do with Ponting's decision, even though it was plainly wrong ( the caught, not the fact he was out at all).
Have you watched every Test he's Umpired the last 5 years?

Thought not.

Evilhoopler

U19 12th Man
He's ginger. All i'd have to do is walk out into the sunshine and he'd crimble into a sunburned withering mess.
Wot, and ur best weapon is that retiree Flintoff. Or Onion head. Or Pietersen (South African/Australian, only reason he plays 4 england is coz he coudnt make the other 2 sides) even Monty isn't English.

Matt79

Hall of Fame Member
Ok then. Your word against Aggers' and I wouldn't dare disagree with either of you. Anyhow it's out if he hit it, and out if he didn't, so an utterly irrelevant error by Rudi Koertzen there.
He did look at Rudi with a shocked expression, but it was literally a heartbeat, and then he immediately turned and walked. Nothing more than you see every batsman do for any lbw, for instance. And in his defence, he didn't hit it, and while hawkeye showed it out, he would have fancied it was going down legside, so it's not like he'd have thought 'well I wad plumb lbw anyway".

Hughes had a bigger reaction to his decision - people reacting here cause it's Ponting.

Jimmy and Freddie bowling so well. Glad Flintoff has gone back over the wicket to Katich, he's bowling a beautiful line.

JBH001

International Regular
This series is the first time we've had one for two-and-a-half years, after all. Anyway congrats on the 2 grand.
Haha, oh well, first time I have been able to join in a match thread. Finally got internet at home, and a laptop. Only other time was the 2007 WC final where I watched the final and posted from an internet cafe. So the constant carping back and forth is a bit of a surprise, although usually entertaining

And thanks, Richard, hardly noticed passing 2000. Taken 5 years!

Pizzorno

State Vice-Captain
Wot, and ur best weapon is that retiree Flintoff. Or Onion head. Or Pietersen (South African/Australian, only reason he plays 4 england is coz he coudnt make the other 2 sides) even Monty isn't English.
Wow. That's some grasp of the English language you have there mate.

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
Seriously, this is posting of a really poor quality. Factually wide of the mark, inflammatory, and adds zero to the debate.

wfdu_ben91

International 12th Man
It's the fact that he bemoans our 'playing in the spirit of the game' and then when he gets out he doesn't immediately walk off. When you're out you're out; even if you are Ricky Ponting and you're a model ambassador of the spirit of cricket. 8-)
Yes, Ponting should've totally got the team physio to run out onto the field just before the ball was bowled so that the umpire missed the appeal.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I have to say Richard this one has gone way over my head. :huh:
When you last branded him ginger, smackorthdox said to you that it's blonde when he grows it out. And he is after all involved with the Victorian set-up, same as Siddle.

Someone has to do this every time a new regular starts posting, but vic_orthdox is Jack McNamara, a former Australia under-19 player.