• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Second Test at Lords

JBH001

International Regular
Mitch to finish this the next over with a full straight one.

Hope Hilfenhaus gets the 5-fer though.

Pizzorno

State Vice-Captain
As opposed to England, who have thrown up all over themselves. What an abject capitulation.
Not only have we thrown up all over ourselves, we've cacked ourselves, soggied our undies and slept with the only lady boy at a Bangok swingers party. All in all, we've had a pretty bad knock.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Dunno, never actually heard how much you Victorian youth players are involved with the seniors TBH.
He was only two years ahead of me through the junior ranks; went on a couple of tours with the guy, trained with him regularly and played against him a number of times.

JBH001

International Regular
Not only have we thrown up all over ourselves, we've cacked ourselves, soggied our undies and slept with the only lady boy at a Bangok swingers party. All in all, we've had a pretty bad knock.
That almost happened to me once. Managed to fend off the lady boy though...

Last edited:

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
-400 in some of the best batting conditions you could wish for is abysmal, same way 130ao in serious seam-friendly conditions is abysmal.
Okay, it's crap. We're crap. We'll never bowl them out for under 400. We're going to get thrashed. Australia are going to win the Ashes 5-0. Then we're going to lose the next Ashes 5-0. In fact, unless you're optimistic we're never going to win an Ashes test ever again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JBH001

International Regular
What is this mysterious full and straight ball you speak of? I've never seen Mitch bowl one.

*awaits a full and straight yorker to end the innings*
Yes, it does happen though. And surprises everyone - especially the batsman.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Okay, it's crap. We're crap. We'll never bowl them out for under 400. We're going to get thrashed. Australia are going to win the Ashes 5-0. Then we're going to lose the next Ashes 5-0. In fact, unless you're optimistic we're never going to win an Ashes test ever again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm reasonably confident we won't lose this series 5-0, if that helps.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Look, I call things as they are, I don't worry about whether it's optimistic or pessimistic. I was, rightly, saying India needed a near-miracle to win the Test in Chennai last winter, and they got said near-miracle.

However, unless England can find some serious swing this morning Australia should be on their way to pass this total easily.