• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Second Test at Lords

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Abysmal is being generous imo.

Andy Salzman the other day was saying if this lot an open-top bus trip around London they'll have to queue like the rest of the tourists. Personally I'd like to see them do it & get pelted with whatever crap people can lay their hands on for the way they've approached this series. If they have a brain between them, I've not seen it.
Pelt 'em with cakes of soap and Murray Mints.

Moobs looks like he's got the squirts here.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
No way is this abysmal... we've got 379 runs in the bank, and it's good bowling conditions. It's average, perhaps, but not abysmal.
How on Earth is losing 10 for 200 having lost 0 for 200 not abysmal? :blink:

Hope Siddle doesn't have swine-flu.

DaRick

State Vice-Captain
Not taking wickets, bowling too short and getting stick? He was rank.
He only really took stick in Cape Town (and to an extent in Durban's second innings). He did bowl too short at times, but his line was generally quite good more often than not.

His return (52) was disappointing, but I felt that he bowled better than that.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
I certainly wouldn't miss Broad's number 8 batting if it meant we could be rid of his bowling. Anderson or Swann are capable of number 8 duties anyway.
Swann yes, Anderson not yet imo. Decent enough number 9 though. Broad needs to bowl well to stay in the series afaics. Harmison, otoh, has probably done well to miss the two slowest decks of the series.

JBH001

International Regular
Broad needs to take a few wickets when Australia bat, was expecting him to score a few runs this morning. Dont know if his bowling will take wickets though, given the length he tends to bowl, on this surface his bowling may just sit up and scream "hit me!".

I just logged in - on TV and on CW, is the ball doing anything?

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Harmison, otoh, has probably done well to miss the two slowest decks of the series.
Chickens, hatched. Far from guaranteed that we're going to have quicker decks than this in the remaining three games.

In any case this Lord's deck is definately quicker, if not by miles, than the SWALEC one.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Siddle feeling a bit under the weather here. Maybe he realized that he's ginger.
:laugh:
Will be embarrasing if he throws up on the field.

As opposed to England, who have thrown up all over themselves. What an abject capitulation.