• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Second Test at Lords

pasag

RTDAS
Sucks we lost the toss, bowlers could have done with an extra day's rest. Reckon England will win this. Just a feeling more than anything.

England picked the right team, well done!

JBH001

International Regular
What confuses me is that he seems to have every technical problem a batsman could conceivably have (slow onto the front foot, walks across his stumps, mental issues with throwing away starts) yet still manages to average 44. And rising.
Haha, yeah! Maybe its something to do with that explosion in batting averages after 2001. Just a thought.

Bumble commenting that the pitch may get quicker as the match proceeds.

Pizzorno

State Vice-Captain
The best results pitch in England is easily Old Trafford because it genuinely does have something for everyone. Spinners enjoy it, fast bowlers can get bounce and movement out of it and batsmen love it too. So what do England do? Give Wales a Test match instead on one of the deadest pitches ever. A pitch were Monty Panesar was made to look like Len Hutton.

JBH001

International Regular
Siddle on for Johnson. Probably a good call considering the dross Johnson was serving up.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
This is a ridiculously flat and slow pitch. There is no way that bowling at 150kph should be played with so much time. I think that this pitch is currently unacceptable for cricket and I hope some life rapidly appears else we might be looking at a bore draw.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Haha, yeah! Maybe its something to do with that explosion in batting averages after 2001. Just a thought.

Yeah, but there's so many technically better players averaging less than him. And it's not like he's a real flat-track bully either, he's scored runs when no one else does plenty of times. Shows how much the technical side of batting is overrated IMO.

Steulen

International Regular

Let me translate that for you: "You may think this is boring as hell on a graveyard pitch, but we have some great ads lined up for the next five days and them businessmen will kill me if I don't pretend to be excited and do my best to lure you in".

I like Grump Mode. License to whine, and I'll look really smug on Monday when the match ends with 1500 runs scored and 9 wickets taken.

Uppercut

This is a ridiculously flat and slow pitch. There is no way that bowling at 150kph should be played with so much time. I think that this pitch is currently unacceptable for cricket and I hope some life rapidly appears else we might be looking at a bore draw.
Yeah, I'm genuinely very disappointed. It's horrible to look forward to a match all week then discover half an hour in that it's not even worth watching.

simmy

International Regular
Its a shame but you are right.

Normally England provides the better pitches in world cricket. Egbaston, Old Trafford etc, but Lords has been dull for quite a few years now.

inbox24

International Debutant
WHAT the hell just happened on MasterChef. I cannot believe Julie got through, I just CANNOT believe it. She didn't even finish her damn dishes!

Pizzorno

State Vice-Captain
Sucks we lost the toss, bowlers could have done with an extra day's rest. Reckon England will win this. Just a feeling more than anything.
We will not win a Test in this series with Stuart Broad in our team. If we win this Test match I will happily post a picture of me lovingly holding a picture of Michael Clarke and kissing him on his massively annoying face.

Add to that, England don't know how to play on dead pitches.

Pizzorno

State Vice-Captain
Tbh this kind of pitch is a minefiled compared to some of the ones that you get in India. If this is unnacceptable then every Test match in India should be banned from now on.

And also we've only had 10 overs. Why don't you all stop moaning and give the game a chance. I'll say it again, there's always a chance of a positive result when you're playing against England.

Last edited:

Uppercut

Its a shame but you are right.

Normally England provides the better pitches in world cricket. Egbaston, Old Trafford etc, but Lords has been dull for quite a few years now.
I should have come to expect this after the prank-pitches Lord's has served up for five years, but all the talk on Monday was that the pitch was covered in green grass and the West Indies game was over in three days. Genuinely thought there might be a result in this one.

Fire the groundsman IMO.

Uppercut

Tbh this kind of pitch is a minefiled compared to some of the ones that you get in India. If this is unnacceptable then every Test match in India should be banned from now on.
Completely agree ftr. Pitches like this shouldn't be tolerated anywhere in the world.