• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Second Test at Lords

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Unchanged for Australia, England bring in Onions for Panesar.

England win the toss and bat. Hopefully Australia can roll them today and get in a fair amount of batting this afternoon and get some runs on the board, hopefully losing no wickets and making an indent on the chase.
Ahoy Cap'n Obvious! :p

tooextracool

International Coach
Despite Warney's glowing, if somewhat illogical,, recommendation for Steve Harmison, I think England got it right by leaving him out given what we have seen off the pitch so far. Mitch is bowling at 90+ mph and the ball is going thro to Haddin on the bounce.

Craig

World Traveller
Despite Warney's glowing, if somewhat illogical,, recommendation for Steve Harmison, I think England got it right by leaving him out given what we have seen off the pitch so far. Mitch is bowling at 90+ mph and the ball is going thro to Haddin on the bounce.
Greg Matthews and Rodney Hogg also seem to think Harmison should be playing.

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
:laugh: @ Warney saying he'd like to see a verbal and a show of intent from the Australians. Great idea I think.

I like Warne's commentary so far, but sometimes he sounds a bit like The 12th Man doing himself.

Pizzorno

State Vice-Captain
I think Warney needs the Advanced Hair Studio treatment again. He's looking a lot thinner on top these days. And a lot fatter at the bottom.

Uppercut

I think I'll go into Grump Mode for this match.

Second over and already some balls going to the keeper after bouncing twice. This match's got bore draw written all over it.
Yeah, just piled onto the draw at 21/20. This pitch is slow and flat and only gets slower and flatter, and there's no way we're getting five days in with the forecast how it is.

Cricket killing pitch IMO. A.K.A. "belter", "beauty", "ripper" and "fantastic pitch".

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yeah Hilf is calling a few problems for him. Wish Johnson would do the same for Strauss.

Think it's time to give Johnson a rest and bowl someone else.

Last edited:

JBH001

International Regular
I find it difficult to understand how Cook, as an opening batsman, seems so uncertain and heavy on the front foot.

tooextracool

International Coach
Cook trying desperately to expose his technical weaknesses by lunging at everything that the aussies serve outside the off stump. You really have to wonder what one earth Flower is doing with him, possibly has one of the worst techniques for any opener going around and that includes Chris Gayle

Uppercut

I find it difficult to understand how Cook, as an opening batsman, seems so uncertain and heavy on the front foot.
What confuses me is that he seems to have every technical problem a batsman could conceivably have (slow onto the front foot, walks across his stumps, mental issues with throwing away starts) yet still manages to average 44. And rising.

JBH001

International Regular
Yeah, Mitch is bowling some rubbish. But, even in the middle of some rubbish he can suddenly bowl a wicket taking delivery...

Steulen

International Regular
Yeah, just piled onto the draw at 21/20. This pitch is slow and flat and only gets slower and flatter, and there's no way we're getting five days in with the forecast how it is.

Cricket killing pitch IMO. A.K.A. "belter", "beauty", "ripper" and "fantastic pitch".
Yeah..."great pitch for Test cricket". It is if you define Test cricket as a guaranteed five day window for selling commercials.