• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* First Test at Swalec Stadium, Cardiff

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Where can you stick him (Panesar), though? It's like choosing where to put the Rain Man.
Mid on or mid off - he's not going to get many catches there. Not when the quicks are bowling, anyway.

EDIT
Sounds like Strauss agrees - TMS say Panesar's at mid-on now and Anderson's out for the mis-timed hook shot.

Last edited:

Jakester1288

International Regular
Where can you stick him, though? It's like choosing where to put the Rain Man.
Fine leg or mid on/mid off.

When I captain (school cricket, occasionally club cricket) put put my poor fielders with weak arms at mid off or mid on and my fielders (usually the ones who don't catch well, or the next bowler) with an arm at fine leg.

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Anderson swinging the ball could lead to ominous signs, but I still think that we are in a better position.