• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* First Test at Swalec Stadium, Cardiff

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
It takes a longer time to put your hands up to your face than it does to drop your hands down. It was an error of judgement, he went for the hook then realised that it was too quick for him and tried to get out of the way and failed to do so. Its not about reflexes, its about making an error in judgement. It happens so I guess I am being a bit too critical off him.
It was a great ball that produced an error from the batsman

Nothing more to say so let's move on

Briony

International Debutant
Imagine most modern players without helmets. There aren't many genuinely good players of the short delivery around anymore. Far too many players nowadays take their eyes off the ball.
True, it something old timers such as Chappell bemoan, the fact that youngers aren't taught to watch the ball because they have a helmet they can rely upon.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Hauritz has bowled ok until that last over whilst Clarke has simply been crap

Unfortunately, the wicket is so slow that the batsmen can simply adjust to anything after it has pitched
Yeah I was out and then watched a bit of the Tour de France.

Switched to see two horrid overs from Hauritz and Clarke.

You can't bowl short outside off with that field on this track.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Time to go around the wicket against KP? Sweeping with impunity. Would be annoying the piss out of Hauritz.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Another Hauritz no ball, Imagine Richard's co-workers are going to be in a world of pain if he's listening to this on the work radio.

oitoitoi

State Vice-Captain
reckon this one's a draw fro sure. horrible bowling this, shades of nagpur in ponting's captaincy today, as much as I've been slating macdonald, perhaps he should have played ahead of hauritz, personally would have played clark.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Mo Matthews is so awesome.

Martyn is mehish, and MacGill is seriously weird hosting. His description of Mitch then was awful.

Scaly piscine

This is exactly the sort of pitch I expected. Although it should have been pretty obvious to everyone. They wanted a pitch that got as much as their ECB bribe back that stole the match from a genuine Test venue. They wanted a pitch that turned. As it happens this is exactly the sort of pitch Cardiff produces anyway - a piss poor substandard slow wicket.

social

Draws a great price at 5/4 right now, Australia at 15/4 is ridiculous as well
15/4 is crazy in a 2 horse race at tea on the first day when one team is 160-3 on a dead, slow deck with bugger all in it for the bowlers at the moment - a quick wicket or 2 and Aus would be in a very good position

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
15/4 is crazy in a 2 horse race at tea on the first day when one team is 160-3 on a dead, slow deck with bugger all in it for the bowlers at the moment - a quick wicket or 2 and Aus would be in a very good position
yep, just stuck money on Aus win and draw. If England win i won't give a **** about losing my money

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Siddle's been a bit unlucky so far, lets hope it stays that way
Indeed so, pick of the bowlers for me and has the worst figures to show for it. Someone needs to have a word about his collar tho; wearing it up makes him look like an albino Gladstone Small.

This is absolutely **** spin bowling here.
Can't quite believe we had Hauritz & Clarke in tandem in the second session of day one. I've promised myself I'll ration my references to 2005, but jeez, talk about after the lord mayor's show.

Taff crowd not exactly bouncing off the rafters either; probably wondering why the ball's small and round and the goal posts are so tiny, tbh.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Great session for England. Did their job, got out of a hole, let's get after Hauritz after tea.
R/R is fine, doing all the right things and with the field Hauritz has, they don't have to take any risks to get four runs an over.

Aus just let the game drift for an hour and half and got both batsman set.

Woodster

International Captain
Excellent afternoon session from England, with KP and Colly just ticking along effectively and generally risk free. Hauritz got the odd one to really grip, which will please England, with it doing it on the first day. This track will be going square later in the Test, but it is generally slow turn which doesn't really help too much.

Much needed consolidatory partnership, worked the gaps well, taken advantage of the few loose balls that have been on offer. Encouraging seeing Siddle bowl big induckers, Jimmy A will certainly be taking a keen interest.

social

Indeed so, pick of the bowlers for me and has the worst figures to show for it. Someone needs to have a word about his collar tho; wearing it up makes him look like an albino Gladstone Small.

Can't quite believe we had Hauritz & Clarke in tandem in the second session of day one. I've promised myself I'll ration my references to 2005, but jeez, talk about after the lord mayor's show.

Taff crowd not exactly bouncing off the rafters either; probably wondering why the ball's small and round and the goal posts are so tiny, tbh.
Is it just me or do others think that having the first Ashes test in Cardiff is a bit like playing the Boxing Day test in Launceston - just desnt seem to have the same feel to it