• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* First Test at Swalec Stadium, Cardiff

Noble One

International Vice-Captain
Love Siddle's bowling. Hasn't been his day, has bowled some poor deliveries at times; and yet he is still charging in and bowling with pace and varying his angles, finding movement. Special talent.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Horrie a bit quick through the air, for mine. 5k's less and I reckon he'll be dangerous.

oitoitoi

State Vice-Captain
Not been impressed with england today, bopara was all over the place, strauss got out not for the first time trying to pull, didn't expect much from cook anyway. Always amazes me how collingwood scores runs, his footwork just looks hideous. Hauritz has looked pretty innocuous, let's hope he scores some runs at least. Reckon Swann will be a handful on this later on, Broad to be up and down, Flintoff economical.

tooextracool

International Coach
Bopara was just starting to look good before his dismissal, thought he did ok under the pressure he was put under before throwing it away. Cook's shot was just absolutely shocking and Im really not sure what on earth Strauss was trying to do with that ball.

Stapel

International Regular
Well, the first 50 partnership of the series. I thought England were a bit in trouble at lunch, but KP and Colly have brought things on track for England: 141/3 seems to be honours even after a half day's play.

pup11

International Coach
Horrie a bit quick through the air, for mine. 5k's less and I reckon he'll be dangerous.
He is just worried that he might get whacked down the ground by KP or Collingwood, he just needs to bowl a few flighted balls outside off-stump, and let that natural drift he gets also come into play, and if he does this consistently then success too would follow.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
He is just worried that he might get whacked down the ground by KP or Collingwood, he just needs to bowl a few flighted balls outside off-stump, and let that natural drift he gets also come into play, and if he does this consistently then success too would follow.
Let's face facts - he's just ****. Cue him taking two just after I type this or something, but seriously, I'd play a one-armed, one-legged Stuart Clark ahead of him on a pitch made of shortbread.

Briony

International Debutant
Well, the first 50 partnership of the series. I thought England were a bit in trouble at lunch, but KP and Colly have brought things on track for England: 141/3 seems to be honours even after a half day's play.
England working themselves into a solid position as they shouldn't have to bat last.

pup11

International Coach
Bopara was just starting to look good before his dismissal, thought he did ok under the pressure he was put under before throwing it away. Cook's shot was just absolutely shocking and Im really not sure what on earth Strauss was trying to do with that ball.
That was a brute of a ball from Johnson, it was bowled at good speed, and the ball was in the right area, following the batsman, and in the end there wasn't much else he could have done with that ball.

pup11

International Coach
Let's face facts - he's just ****. Cue him taking two just after I type this or something, but seriously, I'd play a one-armed, one-legged Stuart Clark ahead of him on a pitch made of shortbread.
I said this earlier too and I say it again, why take him all the way too England when you aren't even going to play him on a pitch that's going to turn, we all know the spin stocks in Australia aren't too good, he has the best stats among all the Aussie spin bowlers in the previous FC season, and that might be the reason behind him being picked.

As for Clark, yeah he is probably as good or maybe even better then any of the three Aussie quicks that are playing today, but that only holds ture, when he is fully fit and bowling with good rhythm, I guess they weren't too keen to play a 33 year old bloke who is coming back after recovering from a serious injury, especially after seeing how things turned out in Lee's case.

tooextracool

International Coach
That was a brute of a ball from Johnson, it was bowled at good speed, and the ball was in the right area, following the batsman, and in the end there wasn't much else he could have done with that ball.
There wasnt much he could have done with the ball except stick his gloves in the way while ducking? Sorry thats just poorly played no matter what way you look at it. Any half decent coach will tell you that you get your hands out of your way when you duck. Strauss wasnt sure whether to hook or leave and in the process ended up gloving the ball.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
If KP is struggling with his achilles why does he start his innings' by running as many near suicidal singles as possible