• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* First Test at Swalec Stadium, Cardiff

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Prefer him to some of the others on Nein.
No way. I hate some of the bias and BS nine puts out, but as an anchor, Benaud and Nicholas (God, did I just say that) are better.

They're professionals, and know what to do with the camera and what to do during pauses in conversation.

MacGill looks lost.

Anyway enough talking about that, don't want to take away from the interesting contest we're about to see.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Brave decision for the selectors to back the team that won in SA (minus McDonald). I'm betting Clark didn't pull up that well from the warm-ups leaving Hilf the only choice.

Not disastrous, for mine. If he gets his length right, reckon Hilf will bowl well on the deck as it stands.

EDIT: James, stop spamming the forum.
Problem is that Hilf hasnt got hil length right consistently since about 2007

stephen

Brave decision for the selectors to back the team that won in SA (minus McDonald). I'm betting Clark didn't pull up that well from the warm-ups leaving Hilf the only choice.

Not disastrous, for mine. If he gets his length right, reckon Hilf will bowl well on the deck as it stands.

That had better be the reason we're not picking Clark.

I can't think of any others that make any kind of sense.

andmark

International Captain
England should win this test. Better spinners, pretty good bowling attack, nearly as good as ours.

I've never liked Hilfenhaus, but geez picking him ahead of Clark is terrible.

I predicted England to win this test a few weeks ago TBH, isn't looking bad now we have selected a relatively bad team and England have won the toss and are batting on a pitch that will take more and more turn as the game goes on. With 2 spinners in the England team, for Australia this looks gloomy.

Still, PUMPED!
Quite a statement

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Wtf, Aus selectors are ******** etc. Last thing I expected them to do.

Seem to have adjusted my sleeping pattern perfectly, just woke up. Not very optimistic of an Australian win here, but I think if they do win they'll run away with an easy series victory.

Craig

World Traveller

What happens when your the owner.

James

Cricket Web Owner
I reckon Hilfenhaus could end up being a good pick, especially if there's some swing early on. More likely to nip a few out caught-behind first up than Clark would I reckon.

:p

Woodster

International Captain
Surprised Clark has been left out, must have been a major fitness concern.

England batting first is good news in order to set the Test up having picked two spinners in the side (still not sure how good an option an out of form Panesar is though).

Cannot wait for this to get underway!!!

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Problem is that Hilf hasnt got hil length right consistently since about 2007
Haha, yeah. As I said 'if'. Who knows, maybe one LBW to an English opener with a full swinger might change his luck.

EDIT: Fuggit, I'm putting it out there; Hilf with 4+ wickets this innings. Gut feeling, nothing more.

King Pietersen

International Captain
He's playing poker atm apparently. Nice to see an un-biased Sky commentary team for this test. Not 1 Australian on show.

biased indian

International Coach
this is the first time i have ventured inot Ashes sub thread so dont know this has been already discussed

i will be able to watch game live on Thu,Sat and sun..how is it on the weather side are we going to get bright sun for all the five days

Scaly piscine

In summary:

Flintoff/Broad/Anderson/Swann + Rashid would be the aggressive risk-taking option
Flintoff/Broad/Anderson/Swann + Onions would be the high percentage conservative option
Flintoff/Broad/Anderson/Swann + Panesar is the completely moronic negative option

Craig

World Traveller
Australia are officially underdogs at the bookiest :-O
Quite interesting in that none of Australia's bowling line-up has never bowled a ball in Test cricket in England. I guess that must have some factor.