• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* First Test at Swalec Stadium, Cardiff

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
First no-ball of the series and we've not even finished the 6th over. A repeat of the no-ball-replete 2005 on the cards?

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Cue tired but inevitable cliches about the fact that there isn't sufficient tour-game time.
Doesn't make it any less wrong.

That said, the selectors didn't use the tour games very well, I reckon.

Pitch is seemingly getting slower and slower, none of the English batters have timed a pull yet.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Doesn't make it any less wrong.
I know. I'm one of the biggest advocates of more tour-game time around, and even I am getting a bit bored of how much people talk about it.

Any Ashes tour would ideally have a minimum of three eleven-a-side, four-day matches before the First Test and ideally one in between all matches bar the Fourth and Fifth.

Craig

World Traveller
Good to see Strauss and Cook taking lots of short singles, it is such a simple thing that a lot of teams fail to do.

inbox24

International Debutant
Looking at this bowling attack bowl on a slow low deck makes me sick. I think I'm gonna puke when Hauritz comes on.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Good to see Strauss and Cook taking lots of short singles, it is such a simple thing that a lot of teams fail to do.
It isn't quite as simple as some make-out. Obviously, if the ball goes into a gap accidentally you take a single, but it's perfectly dangerous to try to put a ball into a gap when it's not in the right spot to do so. Always defend with a straight bat, don't try to angle it into a gap. That's not that much less dangerous than trying to drive a bouncer.

King Pietersen

International Captain
Hilfenhaus get's the breakthrough, great catch. Typical Cook shot though. Time for Bopara to hit a stylish 30 and clip one to square leg.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Haha, Hilf. Knew it! And, for once, I'm quoted as backing him!

Even if it was an awesome catch.... :ph34r: