• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2009-2010

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Since joining Chelsea (including Madrid) he's never played more than 30 games in a season, playing only 18 in his first season after cracking his foot in half and his last two years at madrid has had 3 knee injuries and a multitude of soft-tissue injuries.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Since joining Chelsea (including Madrid) he's never played more than 30 games in a season, playing only 18 in his first season after cracking his foot in half and his last two years at madrid has had 3 knee injuries and a multitude of soft-tissue injuries.
I just checked i see the injuries, so i guess that idea is wasted. United options are pretty flat now.

When you say never more than 30 games, do you mean premiership/la liga games strictly or are you including CL, FA Cup, Copa Del rey with it?. Because if its the latter according to wiki he has dawg..

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
In other news, :laugh: England U21s.
Not having Walcott free was a big problem. Otherwise i still most of the XI has a future in the ENG team, except Craine, Loach & Taylor. I'm already annoyed though that Ramsey can't play for ENG.

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Not having Walcott free was a big problem. Otherwise i still most of the XI has a future in the ENG team, except Craine, Loach & Taylor. I'm already annoyed though that Ramsey can't play for ENG.
Good. He shouldn't be anyway.

Craig

World Traveller
To make fredfertang's day, Wolves sign striker Kevin Doyle from Reading for £6.5m whilst Burnley sign Tyrone Mears from Derby for £500,000. I guess Marseille really weren't interested in keeping him.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
If you want to go on international form alone, Spain clearly have been the form team on the planet since EURO 08. Brazil have also been good since Copa America also, but they aren't a settle team IMO.

If we jude them player vs player in a potential Best XI:

Casillas>>Julio Cesar - Casillas is argubaly along with Buffon the best keeper ITW. Plus when you have Reina as back-up you pretty safe.

Ramos>>Maicon - Both are equal going forward. But Ramos is better defensively i feel. But if its Ramos vs Dany Alves, its dead even.

Capedevilla>>>>>any potential left-back they could chose. We looking the likes of Marcelo, Maxwell, Santos that played in in the Confed Cup, Adriano from Sevilla or Tottenham outcast Gilberto.

Puyol & Pique>>Lucio & Alex/Juan. Pretty close in a potential first team. But spain have Marchena, Albiol, Jaunito as back-up. Compared to Naldo, Luisao, Thiago SIlva. So Spain depth is better.

Mid-field although Brazil have Kaka & Ronaldinho. Spain clearly have more depth here & have a settled first mid-field quartet once fit of Senna/Xavi/Iniesta/Silva. While Dunga still isn't sure how/if to accomodate his two most creative mid-fielders.

Villa & Torres forms the post potent strike force in the world ATM. Fabiano & Robinho are top, but a tad behind.

If they where to play i'd back Spain to win, because they could would dominate the mid-field battle.
Cool story bro.

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
Valencia signed now.

And a bit of stuff wrong with aussie's assessments of Brazil and Spain there.

Craig

World Traveller
'boro keeper Ross Turnbull is set to join Chelsea on a free transfer and along with Yuri Zhirkov. Funnily enough Turnball has said he wants more first team football, some how I don't think Petr Cech is going to be sitting on the bench anytime soon.

Last edited:

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Oh Valencia!

Actually think he's a great player when he's in a moderate team, but in a big team I can't see him having too much individual success.

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Would be a scary centre forward tbh. Height, speed,strength, hops all through the roof. Damn.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
RvN seeking alternative employment for sure then. Said in Sunday's Mirror BFS was interested, but presumed it was Allardyce being a blow-hard ****. Marginally more credible now.
Can Blackburn afford to pay him 100k a week like he wants (and has probably earned, tbf)?

Doubt it.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
To clarify, no man really deserves 100k a week, but in the crazy world of Association Football is probably what r00d's earned for his decade of consistent goals in the biggest competitions in the world.