• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2009-2010

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Hope DCYE was watching this, about the only time he'll see Elano and Robinho pick up a winners medal....

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
I dont like what i'm reading about United potential buys at all. Poor buys could very well & lead to United losing the prem next season. So i'd say a few things need to be cleared up before anyone is brought in.

- Firstly, Ribery aint gonna come. So hopefully they forget him now.

- Secondly of course a another striker is needed. The signals lyon & Benzema are sending are VERY uncertain. He has legitimate reasons to worry about first team football in a WC season. But United should push to get him IMO, but he needs to understand the team will be revolving around Rooney from now on - thus himself & Berbatov will be rotated.

- Thirdly all this talk about getting Valenica is just madness IMO. Dont know what those scouts see in him. We need an top-quality winger, few are left in Europe these days. I'm in the camp that belives United should poach Robben from Madrid & unleash that talent has been opressed @ Chelsea & Madrid. He should really be on Ronaldo's level right now.

But of course, how Real continue to spend this summer & most importantly IF he wants to leave Madrid is key. If not United just have to accept it.

- Finally the cases of Hargreaves, Scholes & Giggs.

I'd say Scholes is finished now, his legs are gone, he doesn't have the game to play as a deep-lying playmaker in the prem because he never could tackle.

Giggs has ONE more seaons left in him i feel. I dont mind playing in centre of the part next season. If i see him on the left at any point i'll scream.

Hargreaves although i want him fit. One needs to be realistic & depending on whats going on behind the scenes. United need to decide whether they are going to back Anderson to come good this season, or look for another good defensive mid-fielder. Since Carrick & Fletcher as the two MAIN fit mid-fielders suddenly doesn't give alot of confidence.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I really cant stand Robben - he has all of Ronaldo's bad points without the performances to back it up

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I really cant stand Robben - he has all of Ronaldo's bad points without the performances to back it up
Robben is awesome, but i don't want a treatment table player in the side. Already have Hargreaves for that position.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Robben is awesome, but i don't want a treatment table player in the side. Already have Hargreaves for that position.
Yeah, pretty much agree with this assessment, is a very gifted player, provided he is utilised in the correct way, his early form with Chelsea after just signing was magnificent, pretty much gave them the kick they needed to go on and win the league, just a shame that as time went on and Mourinho changed the system he didn't adapt all that well.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah but he's right.
If you want to go on international form alone, Spain clearly have been the form team on the planet since EURO 08. Brazil have also been good since Copa America also, but they aren't a settle team IMO.

If we jude them player vs player in a potential Best XI:

Casillas>>Julio Cesar - Casillas is argubaly along with Buffon the best keeper ITW. Plus when you have Reina as back-up you pretty safe.

Ramos>>Maicon - Both are equal going forward. But Ramos is better defensively i feel. But if its Ramos vs Dany Alves, its dead even.

Capedevilla>>>>>any potential left-back they could chose. We looking the likes of Marcelo, Maxwell, Santos that played in in the Confed Cup, Adriano from Sevilla or Tottenham outcast Gilberto.

Puyol & Pique>>Lucio & Alex/Juan. Pretty close in a potential first team. But spain have Marchena, Albiol, Jaunito as back-up. Compared to Naldo, Luisao, Thiago SIlva. So Spain depth is better.

Mid-field although Brazil have Kaka & Ronaldinho. Spain clearly have more depth here & have a settled first mid-field quartet once fit of Senna/Xavi/Iniesta/Silva. While Dunga still isn't sure how/if to accomodate his two most creative mid-fielders.

Villa & Torres forms the post potent strike force in the world ATM. Fabiano & Robinho are top, but a tad behind.

If they where to play i'd back Spain to win, because they could would dominate the mid-field battle.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Well yea. But i think last season was his first serious long term injury woes he had during his carrer TBH, he was very prominent in the second half of madrid's season. I cant remember him missing out that much in his chelsea days, other than Mourinho benching him strangely.

If it does comes down to United not trusting his long term fitness i bidding for him (along with his personal reasons), and United end up with Valencia & Nani on the wings. Haa, Liverpool wont have a better chance in winning the league.