• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Official Pro-Wrestling Thread (WWE, TNA, ROH etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Back to TEW, despite the advice of Xuhaib I've just started a scenario based in December 1997 (just after the montreal screw job) playing as WCW.... Perhaps worryingly half the roster tested positive for drugs and disciplinary proceedings have taken place, with the following workers being fired:

Virgil.
Villano V.
Brutus Beefcake.
The Barbarian.
Scott Norton.
Rocco Rock.
Scotty Riggs.
Rick Rude.
Madusa.
Louie Spicoli.
Lodi.
Johnny Grunge.
Jerry Saggs.
Van Hammer.
Brian Knobbs.

With a lot of chaff cut from the roster, and with more cuts likely to follow....Starcade is only a month away, any particular suggestions for matches?

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Meant to say, I am never again declaring myself a fan of MVP after he came out wearing a ****ing Man U shirt on Monday. WAC.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Just part of his gimmick, but I was going mad. Would have cheered for Big Show over him at that point.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
The following announcements are from WWE.com:

-- “World Wrestling Entertainment has come to terms on the release of SmackDown Superstar Candice Michelle as of today, June 19, 2009. WWE wishes Candice the best in all future endeavors. “

-- “World Wrestling Entertainment has come to terms on the release of Raw Superstar Sim Snuka as of today, June 19, 2009. WWE wishes Sim the best in all future endeavors. “
Shame about Candice, unlucky with injuries but had her merits. Not bothered about Snuka, never struck me as being much kop.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
-- WWE issued a survey to fans on their mailing list about a PPV where the Hell In The Cell would be used in all the matches, similar to the potential all-submission match PPV, and requested feedback on potential PPV names for the event:

*WWE Hell In A Cell
*WWE No Escape
*WWE Lock Up
*WWE Rage In A Cage
Really hope this doesn't happen tbh, would be dire tstl imo.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
following this week's WWE Monday Night RAW taping in Charlotte, NC, Triple H was posting for the crowd and threw his elbow pads into the crowd. When he threw an elbow pad into one section, a big scuffle broke out and a young boy was knocked over as a result. The boy looked noticeably upset when this went down. Triple H ended up seeing this, picked the boy up out of the crowd and brought him into the ring to do a pose down in front of the crowd.
Aaaah, its stuff like this that stops me from completely disliking HHH on a personal level tbh.

pinchy81

International Vice-Captain
- Nobody backstage was surprised at Sim Snuka being released. WWE largely blamed Snuka for the scary bump the Undertaker ended up taking at WrestleMania XXV when he dove out of the ring. Snuka was the "cameraman" who was supposed to catch him. While feelings are mixed as to whether Snuka saved 'Taker or was to blame for the bump, WWE has mostly blamed him and didn't use him again.

- Candice Michelle's release also wasn't a big surprise backstage. Some in WWE were upset that she was working on other projects while convalescing from her recent ankle injuries and most feel that she was never the same after returning from her collarbone injuries. Michelle was apparently a bit surprised at the release as she had just been given clearance to return to the ring.
Just in case you wanted to know

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Really hope this doesn't happen tbh, would be dire tstl imo.
I agree, Lockdown is a dire PPV and why does WWE need to be seen ripping off TNA? HIAC should only be used for huge feuds, and ideally at big events. As much as I want to see HHH-Orton never wrestle each other again, seems as they are, that is the sort of feud which warrants it, and they'll probably have one at Summerslam. A whole PPV of it would be overkill, though.

Don't mind the Submission PPV at all though, as long as it's booked right, i.e no Big Show.

Just watched Smackdown and it was quality. Jericho and Mysterio have had a great feud and as expected will be having a mask v title match at The Bash, which I am sure Mysterio will win.

But the main highlight from Smackdown was an absolutely fantastic match between Edge and John Morrison. I know opinion is divded on Morrison but I personally find him to be excellent, hopefully they will have another match at The Bash seems as Edge has nothing to do.

I'm also pleased with the amount of heat CM Punk is getting. The angle has worked really well, Punk has actually done nothing wrong and you find yourself feeling sorry for him as the jeers ring out! He will do well as a heel in the coming months.

I might be the only one but I'm actually enjoying the whole Ziggler-Khali thing as well. Smackdown is just brilliant since the draft, it is the best show on TV and it is the Smackdown superstars who carry every PPV.

Status
Not open for further replies.