• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Group B - Pakistan, England, Netherlands

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
If England go out tonight, they will be gone before Ireland has played its first match. Maybe Eoin Morgan could still be drafted into the Irish squad, unless they don't want a player from such an obviously inferior team :ph34r:
:laugh:

Morgan never did a thing for us anyway. The worst player in our 2007 WC side.

Steulen

International Regular
Unless Netherlands pull another one out of the bag and beat Pakistan.
Exactly. If tonight's match is rained off, Netherlands are certain of qualification, and England and Pakistan will both be on 1 point. So Tuesday's result will then decide who goes through.

I already have visions of Kevin Pietersen, clad in orange, screaming when RTD hits the winning runs against Pakistan, thus ensuring England qualify

Kweek

Cricketer Of The Year
Unless Netherlands pull another one out of the bag and beat Pakistan.
why? what would determine in that case who goes through?

I guess it's runrate, and since england-holland was so close england would have a better runrate...correct?

Kweek

Cricketer Of The Year
Exactly. If tonight's match is rained off, Netherlands are certain of qualification, and England and Pakistan will both be on 1 point. So Tuesday's result will then decide who goes through.

I already have visions of Kevin Pietersen, clad in orange, screaming when RTD hits the winning runs against Pakistan, thus ensuring England qualify
i'd be all for that haha

Steulen

International Regular
why? what would determine in that case who goes through?

I guess it's runrate, and since england-holland was so close england would have a better runrate...correct?
Unless Netherlands beat Pakistan off the last ball chasing more than 162.

ret

International Debutant
If Eng win with a decent NRR than it could be difficult for NL to qualify if Pak wins with a few runs margin or a few balls to spare against NL .... NL supporters should hope that Eng loses to Pak

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
No, the groups are fixed. So basically if Netherlands went through, they just replace whoever goes out in the Super 8 group.

Was the same in the ODI Wc though obviously that only affected fixtures. Was speaking to an Indian lad in London a few weeks ago, he was pumped as he had tickets for what should be India-Pakistan. hopefully he'll actually be watching India-Holland :D

Naumaan

First Class Debutant
Sad to see just 1 thing here, everyone is against Pakistan
now i do hope we kick england out
then we beat netherlands