• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Group B - Pakistan, England, Netherlands

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
2007 - ODI World Cup
2008 - Twenty20 WC
2009 - Twenty20 WC
2010 - Twenty20 WC
2011 - ODI World Cup

Five WC in five years. Something is wrong there.
I have no problem with that at all. I have no idea where the concept of a WC every 4 years comes from. Its an artificial timeframe. Lets do it every year. There is no reason why not, it isnt as if people have to take boats to get to and from games anymore.

Kweek

Cricketer Of The Year
and this way every cricketing nation(test) can watch the best players of their/our generation.

pietersenrocks

U19 Vice-Captain
What I seriously don't understand is the fielding plan. I play in the Dutch competition, at the lowest level, and even there I'm not that good. But I do know that, when we have one ball to bowl and we can afford one run being leaked for a tie, we set a field, including a back up at the bowler's end.
Yeah, the same **** happened against New Zealand and we lost on an over-throw.

Still they didn't had any backup.

Steulen

International Regular
So who to support tonight?

On the one hand. a Pakistan win means the Dutch are through to the S8's, and it will be great fun reading the British press tomorrow. But that would also mean that Tuesday's match between Pakistan and The Netherlands becomes a dead rubber. So I might actually prefer an England win to save the drama for Tuesday. Not sure about it, though.

Stapel

International Regular
Anyone going to the Oval in an hour or so? I don't have tickets, but I'm only a 30 minutes walk away the Oval these days. I might just pick up a ticket on the black market, while sending my wife shopping :) .

Kweek

Cricketer Of The Year
haha, going to the match on tuesday stapel?

I remember that stools is going aswell to that game.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Anyone going to the Oval in an hour or so? I don't have tickets, but I'm only a 30 minutes walk away the Oval these days. I might just pick up a ticket on the black market, while sending my wife shopping :) .
There are still legit tickets available as far as I know

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I don't want England to go out in the first round. Big tournaments are never quite the same when the host side go out early (that said though, there doesn't seem to be much support for England judging on Friday night, and playing Pakistan will be like an away game too).

But i'll support Pakistan anyway, because Netherlands going through is more important than all other considerations. Best case scenario- England and Netherlands through. Sorry Pakistan.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I want us to take a risk today and pick Napier if Pietersen doesn't play. also, get Swann in the side FFS

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
So a handful of posts from this thread appear in the Sunday Times today - I nearly dropped my coffee in my lap on seeing Burgey, NobleOne and JimmyGS quoted in the Sunday Thunderer

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I'm hoping someone who knows how to link to previous posts has read it to and can do that - if they don't I'll have a go later - Burgey's top quality post about his nipper was the best of them

Steulen

International Regular
I don't want England to go out in the first round. Big tournaments are never quite the same when the host side go out early (that said though, there doesn't seem to be much support for England judging on Friday night, and playing Pakistan will be like an away game too).

But i'll support Pakistan anyway, because Netherlands going through is more important than all other considerations. Best case scenario- England and Netherlands through. Sorry Pakistan.
If England go out tonight, they will be gone before Ireland has played its first match. Maybe Eoin Morgan could still be drafted into the Irish squad, unless they don't want a player from such an obviously inferior team :ph34r:

Kweek

Cricketer Of The Year
If England go out tonight, they will be gone before Ireland has played its first match. Maybe Eoin Morgan could still be drafted into the Irish squad, unless they don't want a player from such an obviously inferior team :ph34r:
:laugh:

Smith

Banned
Too much. But lolworthy