• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Group B - Pakistan, England, Netherlands

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
2007 - ODI World Cup
2008 - Twenty20 WC
2009 - Twenty20 WC
2010 - Twenty20 WC
2011 - ODI World Cup

Five WC in five years. Something is wrong there.
The first one was actually in 07, although your point obviously still stands

Kweek

Cricketer Of The Year
Borren on cricinfo :

It wasn't great to be remembered for six sixes, but at least we've wiped that," he added. "This will never be forgotten. This is the greatest day for any of us. As we were saying last night, it doesn't matter if we never score another run again. If we can't play another game of cricket, we will always have beaten England at Lord's. It's magnificent."
And thats how I feel, steulen will agree haha

Steulen

International Regular
Borren on cricinfo :

And thats how I feel, steulen will agree haha
With the exception that I do hope they will score another 160-or-so runs on Tuesday when I will be painting the Mound Stand orange.

Apart from that, Borren is spot on that England were arrogant and complacent, but apart from the fielding in the last two overs England were not atrociously bad. It's just that yesterday, glorious yesterday, the Dutch cricket team played to an exceptional standard.

Naumaan

First Class Debutant
With the exception that I do hope they will score another 160-or-so runs on Tuesday
i told u before don't even think of 160 against Pakistan
there are two reasons
IF PAKISTAN BAT FIRST: they will not make 160 :laugh:
IF NETHERLANDS BAT FIRST: they will only be able to score between 110-130

Neil Pickup

Request Your Custom Title Now!
i told u before don't even think of 160 against Pakistan
there are two reasons
IF PAKISTAN BAT FIRST: they will not make 160 :laugh:
IF NETHERLANDS BAT FIRST: they will only be able to score between 110-130
You haven't ever learned anything about anything, ever, have you?

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
With the exception that I do hope they will score another 160-or-so runs on Tuesday when I will be painting the Mound Stand orange.

Apart from that, Borren is spot on that England were arrogant and complacent, but apart from the fielding in the last two overs England were not atrociously bad. It's just that yesterday, glorious yesterday, the Dutch cricket team played to an exceptional standard.
Yeah, it wasn't really your typical associate win, where the top nation bats first, shows little respect for the opposition and goes too hard before scrapping to a poor total which the associate nation battles tooth and nail to get. England actually posted a good total and, if anything, were too conservative at times. Holland's bowling looked decidedly pop-gun but they bowled intelligently in the second half of the innings, and they really batted superbly. I don't think England bowled poorly at all.

It was the sort of performance I expected England to put in - against any team. Holland just played above their billing.

Neil Pickup

Request Your Custom Title Now!
means????????????
That it shows a truly baffling level of ignorance to laugh at and write off the prospect of Holland overturning Pakistan in the next game, particularly with (a) Holland's form and (b) Pakistan's track record.

There is no such thing as "no chance" in sport and to proclaim it like you do shows a hugely immature analysis.

Naumaan

First Class Debutant
That it shows a truly baffling level of ignorance to laugh at and write off the prospect of Holland overturning Pakistan in the next game, particularly with (a) Holland's form and (b) Pakistan's track record.

There is no such thing as "no chance" in sport and to proclaim it like you do shows a hugely immature analysis.
so what's the prob with you???????????
i can say whatever i want to say, or i will have to follow you????????????

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
You haven't ever learned anything about anything, ever, have you?

Don't feed the troll Neil. :p

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member

Apart from Bopara and Wright, we batted abysmally.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
2007 - ODI World Cup
2008 - Twenty20 WC
2009 - Twenty20 WC
2010 - Twenty20 WC
2011 - ODI World Cup

Five WC in five years. Something is wrong there.
Dont forget that useless Champions Trophy haa. ICC really is a disgraceful excuse for an administration in the global game.

Steulen

International Regular
Apart from Bopara and Wright, we batted abysmally.
Yes, two reasons why England lost: their batting in overs 12-20 and their fielding in overs 39-40

Two reasons the Dutch won: their self-belief and their ability to keep their brains just below frying point, i.e. exactly enough below the brain temperature of their opponents.

G.I.Joe

International Coach
Jeez, sensitive much? The guy made one post rating Holland's chances against Pakistan next to zero, and he's labelled a troll?