• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Group B - Pakistan, England, Netherlands

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah horrible bowling and poor strategy by the captain. Wide outside off, even if the batsman misses a bye is in the offing. One wicket could have changed the match.
I wouldn't say 'horrible', more wrong in the particular situation.

Naumaan

First Class Debutant
Yeah, that's it. If England win, they're as good as through because today's game was incredibly tight.

If the Dutch win against Pakistan, they will top the group and England will be second. If they lose, in all probability it will be by a bigger margin than 1/162, and England will go through on NRR. If England do not win on Sunday, they're out, obviously. So it's a final for them.
don't know about england Vs Pakistan match, but can bet, this netherland side 'll not score 120 against Pakistan

JimmyGS

First Class Debutant
Did anyone else think they were playing the Twelve Days of Christmas when the Dutch anthem started?
YES!

Amazing you lot - 2 weeks ago the Ashes chances were being yapped up as you beat the Windies. Now you put in a mediocre effort v an Associate side and you all death-ride your team.

Personally, I find it amusing.
Yea it's awesome to read/watch. You lot are all a shambles.

concedes an over throw when all he had to do was hold on and there would be a super over
Wrong, you have to go for that runout. Whoever should have been backing up has to take full blame for that.

oitoitoi

State Vice-Captain
As I said earlier England are fortunate that Pakistan are pretty abysmal right now and despite tonight's result have a chance of beating them, though they'll have to bat really well (unless of course Pakistan bowl like they did against India) and put that Pakistani batting line up under some real pressure. They'll really need Pietersen to be fit to take on Afiridi and Ajmal in the middle or it's going to be very tough. Key shouldn't be anywhere near the side if he isn't opening, Morgan isn't good enough, think Wright will fail against Pakistan's quality.

Collingwood was useless as a captain today, held back his best bowlers for far too long when wickets were needed, field placings were pretty poor, especially for Rashid. Broad's round the wicket tactic looks stupid and prone to wide deliveries in this format, better batsmen will destroy him. Martin Crowe once said that Collingwood was the worst international captain he had ever seen from a tactical stand point, Colly not doing much to prove him wrong.

Kweek

Cricketer Of The Year
they can bat, but Pakistan 'll take them seriously
just like they took ireland serious?

diffrent story - was ill all day, got out of bed to look the highlights, although english friends cried about the fact they lost over the Phone lol

hooray for the dutch :happy:

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
My 7 year old just saw the highlights and burst out laughing:
"That's hilarious dad! How could he miss the stumps from there?"

One of the great father-son moments tbf.

kingkallis

International Coach
I am worried about tomorrows match againsyt Bangladesh especially with this controversy about a rift in the team.
Thats quite a possibility!

I just saw the press conference though but to be honest I felt as if something was missing. We will find out tomorrow...

slugger

State Vice-Captain
congrats to netherlands..... maybe this lost may encorage eng to start taking 20/20 int. seriously...

nb: i like the "dot ball" column in the bowlers score sheet used on tv.

gvenkat

State Captain
My 7 year old just saw the highlights and burst out laughing:
"That's hilarious dad! How could he miss the stumps from there?"

One of the great father-son moments tbf.
:laugh::laugh: U have had enough fun today pulling down the poor English supporters.. Imagine if Rain washes out pakistan-england... :laugh:

PhoenixFire

International Coach
This is better than Fed winning.

Amazing you lot - 2 weeks ago the Ashes chances were being yapped up as you beat the Windies. Now you put in a mediocre effort v an Associate side and you all death-ride your team.

Personally, I find it amusing.

C'mon RTD!
Come on mate, you know perfectly well that it is just stupid journos that have the knee jerk reactions to these things. The English fans on CW are as (non) level-headed as any other national fans.

Noble One

International Vice-Captain
Netherlands have only shown a glimpse of what they can do. You just wait until Dirk Nannes fires.

Finalist material. :happy:

Great start to the tournament. Associate wins always stir up the most emotion and controversy. Even if this tournament flops, a lasting memory will always be the jubilation of the Dutch players bursting onto the field in celebration of the winning run.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Come on mate, you know perfectly well that it is just stupid journos that have the knee jerk reactions to these things. The English fans on CW are as (non) level-headed as any other national fans.
Yeah, apologies, the "you" thing was the MSM, not so much the CW guys :)