• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official India in New Zealand***

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Well that's five overs from Viru - that's enough, time for Bhajji again. And maybe Zaheer from the other end. Been dissaponted with Sharma though. He's about 20 Test matches old now, so he should be coming into his own.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
That was really very silly from India. The series has generally been played in a competitive and fair spirit. That sort of carrying on comes across as petty and childish.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
That was really very silly from India. The series has generally been played in a competitive and fair spirit. That sort of carrying on comes across as petty and childish.
Well, the batsmen were in on it, apparently.

But Harbhajan has now officially lost it. He is dancing around the pitch. Not that he had it before, but now he is clinically insane.

martin88

Banned
Well, the batsmen were in on it, apparently.

But Harbhajan has now officially lost it. He is dancing around the pitch. Not that he had it before, but now he is clinically insane.
I dunno why, but the sheer imagery your words generated made me chuckle loud enough to make my colleagues wonder I have gone insane.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
What did I miss?
India started using an 8-1 field for Munaf to Franklin. Why you would use such a defensive field set when you have the opposition 4 wickets down and 500 behind in gloomy conditions, I don't know. But Munaf predictably bowled every ball about a meter outside off stump, and Franklin equally predictably left almost every single one of them. After about 3 overs of this, the Indians started hooping and screaming everytime Franklin blocked a ball, and then even louder when he left it. Maybe it was boredom, or maybe it was an effort to shake Franklin's concentration (not unlike a bowler pulling a funny face in his run up), but either way it came across as being a complete and total mockery of professional cricket.

Last edited:

martin88

Banned
What a bunch of stupid morons the organisers are. I cannot believe they allowed a 11 PM start even after DST changes came into place, which effectively meant a 12 PM start. And now that means atleast 15 overs have been lost. Disgraceful.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
What a bunch of stupid morons the organisers are. I cannot believe they allowed a 11 PM start even after DST changes came into place, which effectively meant a 12 PM start. And now that means atleast 15 overs have been lost. Disgraceful.
Dangerous call for them to make starting a game just before midnight on a ground with no lights.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Wellington with Black Caps

Bell
Brodie
Parlane
Ryder
Crook
Elliott
Franklin
Nevin

Wellington without (and this is FC and I'm assuming NZ are playing tests, also assuming Bell doesn't have yet another recall)

Bell
Brodie
Parlane
Crook
Elliott
Franklin

So yes, but borderline top 6 (though he's had plenty of success this season). Wellington doesn't have a huge amount of batsmen tbf, its their bowling that is awesome. Franklin is good enough to be a true allrounder at FC level, but at test level atm he's a good swing bowler that can bat at 8.
lol

Don't ask Phlegm about Wellingtons batting lineup IMO. This season he has bat at 5 and a full strength Wellington would likely see him at 6 with Crook being pushed out of the team.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Why the hell didn't India attack? Its going to rain tomorrow, that ready to just draw a match while so firmly on top?

Hardly a champions mentality.