• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** IPL 2009

biased indian

International Coach
atleast the first 2 games will have full house. opening days ticket have been sold out with in 2 hours of tickets going on sale

Last edited:

sudhindra9

School Boy/Girl Captain
My Predicted group stage rankings

1. Banglore Royal Challengers
2. Mumbai Indians
3. Delhi Daredevils
4. Chennai Superkings
5. Rajasthan Royals
6. Kings XI Punjab
7. Deccan Chargers
8. Kolkata Knight Riders

ret

International Debutant
can't wait for the tourney to begin .... it's a good opportunity for Indian domestic players to gain the experience of playing in a country like SA

Key players for the teams:

- B'lore: KP, Ryder, Boucher, Styen and Uthappa .... they have Taylor, Bracken, Kallis, etc but only 4 international players can play in the11

- Chennai: Dhoni, Raina, Flintoff, Hayden, Oram and Morkel .... have Fleming, Nitini, Murali too

- Delhi: Sehwag, Gambhir, McGrath, DeVilliars, Vettori and Collingwood

- DC: Gilchrist, Symonds, Gibbs, D Smith and Rohit .... Edwards, if the want to add to the quick bowling or Styris for experience

- Punjab: Yuvi, Sangakara, Marsh, Lee, Hopes, Irfan

- Kol: Gayle, D Hussey, McCullum, Mendis and Ishant .... support in form of Ganguly, Agarkar and co

- Mumbai: Tendulkar, Jayasuriya, Malinga, Zak, Duminy, Bhajji, Bravo

- Rajasthan: Warne, Smith, Morkel, Watson, Y Pathan .... have Langer, Tait, Mascarehantas, Henderson as well to play around with

G.I.Joe

International Coach
Hussey says he won't be playing this year, but will be available if CSK make the Semifinals. If you were CSK management, and assuming CSK top the group stage, would you disturb a winning combination by including Hussey for the Semi's and Final? Would the Champion's League be a factor (and which probably is for Hussey)?

Shri

Mr. Glass
Hussey says he won't be playing this year, but will be available if CSK make the Semifinals. If you were CSK management, and assuming CSK top the group stage, would you disturb a winning combination by including Hussey for the Semi's and Final? Would the Champion's League be a factor (and which probably is for Hussey)?
Depends on how well he does on the international stage at that time imo. If he is back to his old ways of scoring after this rest, I will definitely include him if I had the power.

Shri

Mr. Glass
I just had a huge thought cross my mind. Why is'nt Lara playing in the IPL? Age wont be a problem to a legend like him.