• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official India in New Zealand***

Evermind

International Debutant
so you actually want India to lose-is that it?.trying to clarify.
No. If India manage to draw this, I will respect them a lot more, because it'll be unlike what happened in the second test in SA, and it would mean they've progressed.

http://content.cricinfo.com/rsavind/engine/match/249216.html

Incidentally, the scorecard for the third test is even more pathetic:

http://content.cricinfo.com/rsavind/engine/match/249217.html

So excuse me if I'm not quite convinced by India's first win in NZ. They have a nasty habit of squandering the best of leads, not unlike England.

Last edited:

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
India's lack of winning overseas is down to a lot more than simply 'not having spine'. India have never been, in their entire Test history, been as good as they have been this past decade. That's true whether they win or lose this match.

I'm not one to be over-effusive in their praise, but the fact is for most of India's history, they did not even threaten to win a match overseas, let alone a series.

adharcric

International Coach
Evermind said:
It's what SJS said about Harbhajan - he had the potential to be one of the best in the world, but growth stopped and complacency set in, and now he's merely good but well below where he should be. It's a good metaphor for the whole team, perhaps except Tendulkar, who has more exacting standards. Ganguly typified this mindset, and I'm really glad he's gone.
Huh? Which of the current players have underachieved? Don't say Zaheer Khan, because he underachieved earlier but completely turned his career around. Yuvraj, Munaf, perhaps? Who else?

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Ganguly typified this mindset, and I'm really glad he's gone.
Indian cricket of this decade owes more to Ganguly than any other player. You realize that India won zero Tests outside the subcontinent from 1986-2000. Not a single Test match, let alone a series. Ganguly gets the biggest credit for turning that around, at least India started to be competitive - it required a complete turn around in the mindset of the Indian team. You should be happy about Ganguly's mindset.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Indian cricket of this decade owes more to Ganguly than any other player. You realize that India won zero Tests outside the subcontinent from 1986-2000. Not a single Test match, let alone a series. Ganguly gets the biggest credit for turning that around, at least India started to be competitive - it required a complete turn around in the mindset of the Indian team. You should be happy about Ganguly's mindset.
Sorry, i can't get over how brilliantly ironic that avatar bet is. The gods of cricket would never let an SS prediction be correct, yet even they couldn't make Yuvraj any good in tests. Luckily a compromise was available.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Sorry, i can't get over how brilliantly ironic that avatar bet is. The gods of cricket would never let an SS prediction be correct, yet even they couldn't make Yuvraj any good in tests. Luckily a compromise was available.
Haha, five ****** runs. I couldn't believe it. And of course, Yuvraj with a duck.

I can't think of a player who has done less with more chances. Every FC batsman anywhere near the top of the run charts need to burn effigies.

Flem274*

123/5
Ha, if we win, I hope Andy Moles shoves Richardsons comments (think it was him) up his arse and says "Not bad for a team out of their depth eh Mark?"

In fact, do it anyway if its a draw.

adharcric

International Coach
Thankfully for India the second new ball is a long way away.
Yeah, but they'll definitely have to get through it if they want to draw the match. It's due in 40 overs and India should make 100 in that time if they survive, which would mean a 70 run lead just before tea. NZ can easily knock that off so India will have to make it at least a good way past tea.