• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official India in New Zealand***

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yup thats right all of us in here up in arms after that call.... I'm getting ready to burn a effigy of Smith anyone else care to join me.... Jono, HB, duffer, SS et al?

Getting sick of Uppercuts stereotyping tbh
You sound pretty angry to me.
:laugh:

I didn't get angry. I must have missed the memo. Is it too late to get angry now, Uppercut?
I didn't say all Indians got angry! I will in future though because it may make the posts more obviously in jest.

Uppercut

Major irony being the Indians have been the least sensitive ones in this thread.
I think there's more irony in someone getting angry at the suggestion that Indians get angry too often.

I wasn't referring to any of the Indians on CW anyway. Truth be told, most of the regulars are really good posters, hence yours, SJS's and Jono's names always get thrown around as proof (as if i really needed it) that not all Indian cricket fans are easily offended.

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I wasn't referring to any of the Indians on CW anyway. Truth be told, most of the regulars are really good posters, hence yours, SJS's and Jono's names always get thrown around as proof (as if i really needed it) that not all Indian cricket fans are easily offended.
I think this distinction is important and isn't stressed enough on here. A lot of the times the criticism from the more sensitive Indian posters seems to be that a lot of people are comparing them to your everyday youtube or cribuzz contributor in which case they would have a right to be a bit pissed off.

Just don't think this perceived Indian "anger" really exists tbh.

Uppercut

I think this distinction is important and isn't stressed enough on here. A lot of the times the criticism from the more sensitive Indian posters seems to be that a lot of people are comparing them to your everyday youtube or cribuzz contributor in which case they would have a right to be a bit pissed off.

Just don't think this perceived Indian "anger" really exists tbh.
It actually started with this post, which i thought was an overreaction.

"Anger" might not be the right word, but there's definitely a tendency to take offence on behalf of the Indian cricket team. I think there's a pretty good comparison with English football fans. It doesn't apply to all of them, or even half of those i've encountered, and i don't feel the need to frequently point that out because i think it's obvious. But it's certainly much harder for me to say Tendulkar's a tad overrated and not have my head eaten than it is to say the same about Lara or Ponting.

Flem274*

123/5
Tbf, I'd say Indian and NZ fans are probably the biggest defenders of their teams out of everyone. Indians because they're always under attack from the anti-India crowd and NZers because apparently we're always crap, unless we have an all time great like Hadlee in the team.

So perhaps we should have seen the bitchiness in this thread coming?:ph34r:

Krishna_j

U19 12th Man
Not that there's hate, it's just that he's been given so many chances and still can't get used to test cricket. He's all at sea when you watch him bat - it's obvious he doesn't know which deliveries to leave and which ones to play. His technique isn't the best and he seems to curb his natural game to step into a role thoroughly unfamiliar to him. He should be told to play his natural one-day game - at least he'll average higher and score quicker - or dropped.

In his place, almost any of the younger guys would be good.
without Dhoni in the side for this match - its almost as if the Indian tail begins with Yuvraj :@

S.P. Fleming

U19 Cricketer
I really have had enough of all these batsmen friendly pitches. I think the ICC should take some action and request for some seaming decks sometimes or even one that has a little bit of juice in it. It has been the same in all of the test series' of recent note.

Evermind

International Debutant
The ideal decks would be the ones from the Aus-SA and SA-Aus series. They all produced results, but were good for batsmen and for bowlers.

Craig

World Traveller
Nah we need a real seaming wicket for the last Test. Sometimes it is good to watch some quality fast bowling and make batsmen work for their runs and see the men shine from the pretenders.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Nah we need a real seaming wicket for the last Test. Sometimes it is good to watch some quality fast bowling and make batsmen work for their runs and see the men shine from the pretenders.
Didn't we get to see that yesterday with Messers Yuvraj Singh and Dinesh Karthik looking so different in class as compared to Laxman, Dravid and Sachin.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
Karthik is an interesting one. He performed so well when he opened in England, in swinging conditions against a competant bowling attack, ending up as top run scorer but since then, he has looked sub-par in international cricket as a batsman.

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
He looked worse than subpar in Sri Lanka, even getting dropped for Parthiv. That said, not really sure there are any strong alternatives for backup keeper in India right now.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
He looked worse than subpar in Sri Lanka, even getting dropped for Parthiv. That said, not really sure there are any strong alternatives for backup keeper in India right now.
Oh sure. He is the best wicket keeper in India (and that includes Dhoni) so there is no reason why he should not be the stand in keeper at least.

ret

International Debutant
India is 62 runs behind .... Gambhir is on 102, Tendulkar is on 58

Good comeback so far by India :D