• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official India in New Zealand***

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Laxman is paying 2.50 to NOT score a 100.

I have to get on that, considering how well Martin is bowling here.
Laxman always makes 50s and then gets out. Exactly the point I was trying to make to Precambrian. Laxman can play swing bowling. That's for sure.

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
I don't think Dhoni gives them a good-kick-up-the-arse.
The last time an Aussie veteran tried that, it triggered a great deal of backbiting and protests on the streets, which had him drifting away from India as a whole.

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
k, got a bit of Yuvi look.
There is, looking closely, a bit of Yuvi in it. That said, I do rate him, but he's not one I'd push for selection all the time. Just a little something to make things a little lighter.

Flem274*

123/5
I don't think Dhoni gives them a good-kick-up-the-arse. That's from the old English footy manager school of thought, and i can exclusively reveal that it's bollocks.

Everyone needs motivation and encouragement sometimes, and Dhoni's man-managing gets the best out of his players. I don't know exactly what he does, but it works.

He's a million times better than Kumble and Sehwag tactically, too.
It wasn't a literal reference. Read it as "They need their skipper to feel motivated and comfortable with situations that arise in the match."

saying they needed a kick up the arse was shorter though.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Dravid has looked solid in defence so far this morning. Nothing wrong Gambhir's done either except a slash to the off side in the first over of the day. Pitch looks very flat. Would love to see India grind away to 500 and stuff.

Neil Pickup

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Dravid nearly ran himself out without scoring and Gambhir has just escaped a close LBW shout, but the most interesting thing has been watching the Kiwis practice slip catching using a wheelie bin as Brendon McCullum.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
NZers had to put up with what amounted to some pretty unfair comments about their players before this series even started, yet Sehwag gets rightly called out for playing a dumb shot and the fanboys go ballistic. This being despite the fact that the man has deservedly been covered in praise throughout the tour for batting like a complete legend. Suck it up for once, ****s.
Ian Smith calls a spade "spade", Indians get angry.

R_D

International Debutant
Ian Smith calls a spade "spade", Indians get angry.
Yup thats right all of us in here up in arms after that call.... I'm getting ready to burn a effigy of Smith anyone else care to join me.... Jono, HB, duffer, SS et al?

Getting sick of Uppercuts stereotyping tbh

Nutter

U19 Debutant
They have much more chances of succeeding with attacking strokes than their defensive strokes because it is just so so flawed how they do it...
Jacob Oram comes to mind. He looks horrid when he is in defensive mode - almost like a walking wicket. When he attacks, he is unstoppable.

Polo23

International Debutant
Yup thats right all of us in here up in arms after that call.... I'm getting ready to burn a effigy of Smith anyone else care to join me.... Jono, HB, duffer, SS et al?

Getting sick of Uppercuts stereotyping tbh
You sound pretty angry to me.