• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official India in New Zealand***

kingdamo

School Boy/Girl Captain
I don't get whats wrong with it either, he's just asking if Harby wants a banana.. They are good for energy after all.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Banana is eaten by monkeys. Tendulkar is clearly referring to Monkey gate which is unrelated to this test.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
I am one of the biggest fans of Tendulkar on this board if not the biggest but wont support every thing he does and I don't agree with this. I will coolly agree to disagree with people on this topic because I will get a barrage of responses because I criticised Tendulkar.

Last edited:

Precambrian

Banned
Banana is eaten by monkeys. Tendulkar is clearly referring to Monkey gate which is unrelated to this test.
**** off. I never thought you were such an idiot. WTF? bananas are eaten by monkeys? only monkeys? and worse, contrived to get inside Tendulkar's mind and find out tendulkar intended to remind him of the incident? How ****ing ********!!!

get a clue mate. Bananas are eaten by all cricketers and very much during the game as it is not so harsh on the body and releases carbohydrates fast/

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Yeah, sorry about that - forgot forums were a place where people don't post more than one post on a thread. Who needs debate anyway, eh?
Debates can only occur when two parties are willing to debate a topic. Not every thing on the forum is debatable where every one is concerned. I think it is clear so it is not debatable where I am concerned. No use going on about it from me.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Athletes eat bananas too. It's a big leap to say that's what he was implying. It's not necessarily a reason to rule it out, but it just wouldn't fit in with his persona.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
**** off. I never thought you were such an idiot. WTF? bananas are eaten by monkeys? only monkeys? and worse, contrived to get inside Tendulkar's mind and find out tendulkar intended to remind him of the incident? How ****ing ********!!!
That is unacceptable. You need to stop.

99*

International Debutant
It's clear where I am concerned. It could have been any fruit. Why only banana. 8-) My last word on the topic.
Because it was the only one he had on him at the time?

Because it was a part of the lunch he had brought to the ground?

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
From Telegraph India:

It may be just in jest but it is an unrequired gesture from Tendulkar. He doesn't need to be the man who opens a can of worms. Let the performances do the talking which they are doing mighty well for India right now.
Debates can only occur when two parties are willing to debate a topic. Not every thing on the forum is debatable where every one is concerned. I think it is clear so it is not debatable where I am concerned. No use going on about it from me.
You see mate, what it means to criticize The God. You can understand what I went through when I did that ( fairly or unfairly).

Anyways, As usual media is trying to fuel controversy so that they could sell few more copies. While I do not know the context of when the picture was taken, I wouldn't have thought of that in my wildest imaginations. To me it looks like an innocent gesture but only Tendulkar knows what he meant and I will leave it at that.

Last edited:

sirdj

State Vice-Captain
From Telegraph India:

It may be just in jest but it is an unrequired gesture from Tendulkar. He doesn't need to be the man who opens a can of worms. Let the performances do the talking which they are doing mighty well for India right now.
I don't see how you can connect all these dots to the monkeygate episode.

1. All athletes eat bananas as its is quick and convenient natural source of energy.
2. He could just be making the point that Harbhajan needs to get some energy as his energy levels have dipped slightly.
3. Monkeygate happenend in Australia and it was the Aussie media and crowds.......why would he be making a reference to that here in New Zealand? Its not as if this series is being covered at all...........just look at any of the Australian news websites.
4. What does Bhajji doing well in New Zealand have ANYTHING to do with monkeygate?? He did well enough in Australia during the same series itself. If not with the ball he did enough damage with the bat.