• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England in West Indies

Nibbles

Cricket Spectator
Is that the same 4 that was originally a 6 and then got changed by the 3rd umpire to a 4?

Hmmm, thats going to work isnt it!

Having said that, it was mighty close, but clearly hit the ground jsut short of the rope, rather than the rope itself!

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Bahahaha. Was pissing myself laughing in the bar where i watched this and noone knew why (as i'm the only person interested in cricket in england). That was properly funny.

Anyway, it's a joke that the batsmen even get offered the light in these situations. Why should the batting side get to pick and choose when to end the game depending on whether they'll win or not? The umpires should just decide whether the light's good enough to play on or not where Duckworth-Lewis is concerned.

SpaceMonkey

International Debutant
Desperate for a win ... congrats..
So losing would have been better? We were arguably ahead in the game (which is why the WI were so happy to accept the offer). We bowled pretty well to pull it back i thought. Pitch wasnt as flat as it looked at the toss either.

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
Stick by that statement? :P

Starting again at 4:45. England looking for 270 I reckon, and if they get there then it's going to be a very tough chase for West Indies. You'd hope that Broad, Anderson, Harmison and Dimi will bowl better than the tripe West Indies have offered up, especially Powell, awful bowling from him.
His record speaks for itself. Totally objective statement.

Rant0r

International 12th Man
little oops

i've never understood having to wander around with a spreadsheet in your pocket to decide the outcome of a cricket match

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
You feel sorry for Windies fans when their coach makes such a major ****up, but then you come into this thread, and watch sammy2 waving his tiny little pecker around trying to make himself feel better and all sympathy flies out the window.

You still owe me an avatar bet, by the way.

steds

Hall of Fame Member
It's a sad day when a game of cricket is decided by the person who can do maths better. Keep that **** in some sort of classroom thanks.

biased indian

International Coach
why dont they print the D/L sheet with one extra run and reduce the confusion ..why would you leave it to a guy to add 1 when all other thig is done by computers you always play to win rite not to tie so show the target rather than par score