• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official India in New Zealand***

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Tendulkar pretty streaky atm.
Don't think anyone would bet against him scoring a century today. NZ need a bit of luck, rather than the very occasional false stroke not quite going to hand or the inside edge past the stumps.

Good that at least the bowlers are keeping Laxman virtually scoreless at the moment.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Encouraging spell this from Franklin. No wickets yet but he looks to be in much better rhythm than he was last time he played a Test - he's getting through his action properly and his pace is up. I'd give him the second new ball.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Don't know why you're so negative straw man. We have bowled totally without luck today.
Perhaps because I'm only watching the score tick over on cricinfo, so don't get the benefit of seeing what sort of lines our bowlers are bowling, the ball beating the bat, or seeing Tendulkar look less assured and in control than he does in my head.

Was always going to be a tough day for the bowlers and to their credit they haven't let India get away and dominate. Think I also mentioned we could do with a little more luck against Tendulkar.

thierry henry

International Coach
Perhaps because I'm only watching the score tick over on cricinfo, so don't get the benefit of seeing what sort of lines our bowlers are bowling, the ball beating the bat, or seeing Tendulkar look less assured and in control than he does in my head.

Was always going to be a tough day for the bowlers and to their credit they haven't let India get away and dominate. Think I also mentioned we could do with a little more luck against Tendulkar.
aaah, I see

None of the Indian batsman have looked all that impressive at all today. And of the current two, they should BOTH be out already (1 missed chance each) and in the over just completed Laxman edged two balls through slips for 8 runs.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
What’s the point of Franklin? His not an international number 6 and his currently not good enough as a bowler and when he did have some success in test cricket it was with the new ball.

thierry henry

International Coach
What’s the point of Franklin? His not an international number 6 and his currently not good enough as a bowler and when he did have some success in test cricket it was with the new ball.
The point is that *hopefully* he is an international number 6 and just hasn't shown it yet

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Does need to improve bowling fitness to somewhere near where it was before the injury - comments on here suggest he's getting better all the time. Think if he does that then will get the new ball before long and possibly push Mills or Martin out of the team. His batting has definitely improved too so think he deserves a chance to prove himself at 6 or 7 - his first innings can hardly be taken as an indication that he's not up to it.

Probably more importantly, with Oram unfit there's no-one else putting up their hand for the number 6 spot. Honestly can't think who else they would pick.