• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official India in New Zealand***

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
But does India get the C9 feed? No right. They had the ESPN one with Harsha, Gavaskar, Slater (he did both) etc.

I think that's the difference.

Still lame of course.
He was there when India was touring Sri Lanka as part of the commentary team... or was he not there? :unsure:

Flem274*

123/5
This McMillan thing is so fricking minor I just laughed hard at every single post where someone went nuts at the BCCI and the ruining cricket comment. Wow, people know the stand they took against the ICL and this is just being consistent with it.

Incredibly laughable the posters asking the relevant parties to pick Bond and McMillan. Talk about cutting off your nose to spite your face, good thing they'll never let you guys in charge of it.
Haha what? We're pointing out just how pathetic, nitpicky and just genuinely bitchy the BCCI is. Its like they're being run by the cast of Desperate Housewives, I'd let Macka in because him commentating is so minor, plus they're trying to tell a TV channel thousands of miles away what they can and can't do, sorry but they're a bunch of control freaks. I'd be bloody tempted to let Macka in just to spite them.

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yep, and watch the BCCI twist something in the future to make sure NZC/Sky lose heaps of money in the future. Whether you like it or not they're in charge and trying to spite them won't work, you'll be the one who loses out in the end.

People don't go to work and try and big balls their boss every day and this is the same thing. The suggestion is utter stupidity.

Flem274*

123/5
Yep, and watch the BCCI twist something in the future to make sure NZC/Sky lose heaps of money in the future. Whether you like it or not they're in charge and trying to spite them won't work, you'll be the one who loses out in the end.

People don't go to work and try and big balls their boss every day and this is the same thing. The suggestion is utter stupidity.
Sure, we know they're the boss and whilst it definitely looked it, i doubt anyone actualy would go through with that threat.

Doesn't stop what we said being true, and one day someone will stand up to them, which tbh would be the right thing to do if things kepp going down the control freak road.

JimmyGS

First Class Debutant

Completely AWTA.

duffer

Sure, we know they're the boss and whilst it definitely looked it, i doubt anyone actualy would go through with that threat.

Doesn't stop what we said being true, and one day someone will stand up to them, which tbh would be the right thing to do if things kepp going down the control freak road.
This stuff is all cyclical anyway which is why I don't understand the hate. Rightly or wrongly people in Indian cricket seem to take some sort of veangeful pleasure in their power trip against western cricket boards but not all of it is a case of being mindless dickheads. I can see a relative leveling of the field one day but you'll be hard pressed to find a bigger lifeblood for cricket than India ever IMO.

They seem to believe that McMillan made money from a direct competitor of their board and thus don't want him to indirectly make money off an officially sanctioned tour. Their stance with regards to the ICL is consistent and if you look at it from that point of view it seems somewhat understandable for them to look at it that way.

HeathDavisSpeed

We should get our mummies to write a very strongly worded letter of complaint to the BCCI to get some perspective. I'm sure they wouldn't want to upset our mummies.

Flem274*

123/5
This stuff is all cyclical anyway which is why I don't understand the hate. Rightly or wrongly people in Indian cricket seem to take some sort of veangeful pleasure in their power trip against western cricket boards but not all of it is a case of being mindless dickheads. I can see a relative leveling of the field one day but you'll be hard pressed to find a bigger lifeblood for cricket than India ever IMO.

They seem to believe that McMillan made money from a direct competitor of their board and thus don't want him to indirectly make money off an officially sanctioned tour. Their stance with regards to the ICL is consistent and if you look at it from that point of view it seems somewhat understandable for them to look at it that way.
Thats debateable..

Also, thing is, the ICL must love stuff like this. They're like Jade Goody: they're dying a long, slow death yet they're getting even more attention every day. If the BCCI stfu and let people talk about a damn game of cricket then the ICL would be dead by now.

I don't see how McMillan, who isn't even a part of the ICL right now, shouldn't be able to commentate on cricket when the BCCI isn't his legal emplyer, Sky TV would be, and I highly doubt the BCCI has jurisdiction over a private company.

As someone who wants to be a part of the media in the future, I'm spewing right now at what can be construed, if we went way OTT, as trying to control the media. They're lucky they're only dealing with a small network, if it was some big bucks American network they'd be in for a scrap.

masterblaster

International Captain
Duffer once again representing the Indian supporters on this forum very well. Agree with everything you've said on the topic.

duffer

Flem, they are just acting in self interest which you'll find every corporate organisation in the world does and will always do.

It might be an interesting battle seeing them take on a large American organisation(if it ever comes to that) but Sony and ESPN are doing everything they can do bend over for them to get coverage of Indian cricket so I'm not sure how much of a scrap it would be.

Flem274*

123/5
They are just acting in self interest which you'll find every corporate organisation in the world does and will always do.

It might be an interesting battle seeing them take on a large American organisation(if it ever comes to that) but Sony and ESPN are doing everything they can do bend over for them to get coverage of Indian cricket so I'm not sure how much of a scrap it would be.
ESPN want cricket?:blink: didn't think America gave a damn about it tbh, or are they moving into the Indian market?

We can't do anything about it, but that won't stop the fustration and general disgust of the NZ posters at this, its infuriating because the ICL/IPL war has the mental capacity of a two year old at 2am.

The BCCI won't gag the disgust of cricket watchers who don't agree with them, not without lots of money where I'm involved anyway....

EDIT: Yes they are acting in self interest, its intelligent for them (though as they have huge influence over the ICC they should probably start thingking about the spirit of the damn game, plus as I said, always bitching about the ICL only gives it more attention) but they're going to burn bridges eventually, what happens if someone (God forbid) blows up an IPL venue and teams refuse to tour?

Last edited:

masterblaster

International Captain
ESPN want cricket?:blink: didn't think America gave a damn about it tbh, or are they moving into the Indian market?

We can't do anything about it, but that won't stop the fustration and general disgust of the NZ posters at this, its infuriating because the ICL/IPL war has the mental capacity of a two year old at 2am.

The BCCI won't gag the disgust of cricket watchers who don't agree with them, not without lots of money where I'm involved anyway....

EDIT: Yes they are acting in self interest, its intelligent for them (though as they have huge influence over the ICC they should probably start thingking about the spirit of the damn game, plus as I said, always bitching about the ICL only gives it more attention) but they're going to burn bridges eventually, what happens if someone (God forbid) blows up an IPL venue and teams refuse to tour?
ESPN Asia carries cricket. They have been one of India's premier sports channels for the last 15 years and tend to show all cricket matches such as the Australian home season, English home season, West Indies home season, South African home season etc.

Flem274*

123/5
ESPN Asia carries cricket. They have been one of India's premier sports channels for the last 15 years and tend to show all cricket matches such as the Australian home season, English home season, West Indies home season, South African home season etc.
Thought that was another network, makes sense last years U-19 WC was on ESPN then, though that was a bit random.

Polo23

International Debutant

Yeah, but their stance regarding the ICL is pathetic in itself. To take away one of the worlds best bowlers and countless other very good players because they are afraid of a bit of competition is ludicrous.

Flem274*

123/5
Yeah, but their stance regarding the ICL is pathetic in itself. To take away one of the worlds best bowlers and countless other very good players because they are afraid of a bit of competition is ludicrous.
I agree they should annihalate the competition actualy, thats good business. I'd much rather they just stole all the ICLs high profile players though, that would kill it fast.

Polo23

International Debutant
I agree they should annihalate the competition actualy, thats good business. I'd much rather they just stole all the ICLs high profile players though, that would kill it fast.
Really, what would the BCCI lose if they let ICL players play international cricket? I can't work out how that would hurt them in any way.

Good business or not, they have detracted from the game of cricket.

G.I.Joe

International Coach
That would be grossly unfair to all the domestic cricketers playing in the ICL. I don't think the BCCI would care if the ICL poached only overseas has-beens, that would make the ICL just another daddies league like beach cricket. Its their poaching of domestic players that is the problem.

duffer

Really, what would the BCCI lose if they let ICL players play international cricket? I can't work out how that would hurt them in any way.

Good business or not, they have detracted from the game of cricket.
They are promoting a brand which has placed itself directly as a competitor to the BCCI.