• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England in West Indies

King Pietersen

International Captain
Loved seeing Daryl Harper just waving Simmons away. You can't get to the dressing room and then decide to refer. He should have referred straight away, muppet.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
As "irrelevant" as the excuses you tried to make for England in the first test i guess 8-).
Err, excuses? I gave the reason England failed to win the Second Test, and said that the First Test would've had a result whether England won it or West Indies did.

No excuses for England's inadequacies anywhere to be seen. The point I was refuting had nothing to do with England and everything to do with the pitch. Stop trying to work something up into something you can kick-up a fuss over.

Last edited:

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
England better not start bowling wide of off-stump to Sarwan again, surely they've learnt from how Amjad got him out?
England have known how to get Sarwan out (ie, the way Amjad Khan did in the first-innings here) for many years now - they've just not been good enough to do it this series.

WindieWeathers

International Regular
Err, excuses? I gave the reason England failed to win the Second Test, and said that the First Test would've had a result whether England won it or West Indies did.
One page back
Also without the inability to knock-over a tail in Antigua it'd have been 1-1 (or 0-2 if England had done well enough to win the opener).
EXCUSES regarding why England are not winning, oh no it couldn't be that the Windies were just a tad better than your lot in this series, nah it's all about England!!. 8-) .

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
One page back

EXCUSES regarding why England are not winning, oh no it couldn't be that the Windies were just a tad better than your lot in this series, nah it's all about England!!. 8-) .
As I say - stop trying to work a comment up into something it isn't. That post which you're trying to interpret as excuse-making had absolutely nothing to do with England and was related to the pitches this series had been played on.

If you want to spam places to post only about what you want to hear rather than what's actually been said I suggest you go elsewhere.

King Pietersen

International Captain
This is going brilliantly. Smith gone as well. Now we've got the walking wicket Ryan Hinds coming in who's looked completely out of touch all series, and they've only got 1 referral left. This might not be over yet after all.

King Pietersen

International Captain
The extras are going to start going up, but at least Amjad might get a wicket. He certainly has looked threatening, just kept missing the edge with the good balls he did bowl. Just hope we get Hinds on strike to Swann.

Chanderpaul must be feeling his injury, we'll find out once the next wicket falls if he or Nash comes in.

Beleg

International Regular
the two should play their natural game. sarwan's going to score at four an over anyway and hinds isn't the type of hang around either. if the next wicket falls around the 100/120 run mark than I'd send a bowler in to get some pinch-hitting going. nash/chanders/gayle should bat 7/8/9.