• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England in West Indies

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
The other thing it calls into major question, if Broad is so good at picking up "cheap tail-end wickets", is why he wasn't given a single over during the last session in Antigua.
Especially when you recall how well he had bowled before tea on that day. tbh I hadn't realised that he'd been given not a single over after tea. Unbelievable. On a par with Vaughan not giving Jones a single over on the final morning at Edgbaston, fwiw.

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
Especially when you recall how well he had bowled before tea on that day. tbh I hadn't realised that he'd been given not a single over after tea. Unbelievable. On a par with Vaughan not giving Jones a single over on the final morning at Edgbaston, fwiw.
But not quite up there with Cameron White instead of Shane Watson in Nagpur. :)

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I clearly see Cook and Strauss bob along at 3 an over tonight and let the game drift. And i already feel a bit sick about it.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
I clearly see Cook and Strauss bob along at 3 an over tonight and let the game drift. And i already feel a bit sick about it.
That & the bowlers aiming 2 feet wide of the stumps if we get any sort of start.

That being said, Edwards will probably reduce us to 40 for 3 by the close.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
With Flintoff, Giles and Hoggard (all of whom had bowled better than Jones that match - he'd been ever-threatening but unspeakably expensive) in reserve?

No way.

Can't say I think not bowling Jones that fourth morn was a massive error at all.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Don't think batting position should ever come into it. But it's reason enough to give someone padding up outside off out IMO.
It's no reason to give an obvious out n\o or vice-versa. But IMO, batsmen should get the benefit of the doubt; bowlers when bowling at tailenders should get it. Simple as. I don't watch cricket to see tailenders hanging-around or slogging runs; I watch it to watch batsmen batting. Always happy to see tailenders disposed of quickly.