• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official India in New Zealand***

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Ugh, not my intentions at all but you must agree that India did everything to **** that up and were lucky to dfend such a big total. But yeah, let's all take this personally.
**** yeah I'll take this personally. What the hell does "ugh" even mean? I didn't know that neanderthals had learnt to use the internets. :ph34r:

profernity

U19 Debutant
58 runs - hmm. Need to think about what kind of disappointment I should select for my reaction. Had it been closer I would have been exponentially angrier at the middle order collapse, had NZ been dismissed for < 250 I would have gotten the razors out. So I'll settle for: "filthy".

KiWiNiNjA

International Coach
Ugh, not my intentions at all but you must agree that India did everything to **** that up and were lucky to dfend such a big total. But yeah, let's all take this personally.
Just like NZ did everything they could to let Sachin score so many runs. 8-)

See how it works?

pasag

RTDAS
58 runs - hmm. Need to think about what kind of disappointment I should select for my reaction. Had it been closer I would have been exponentially angrier at the middle order collapse, had NZ been dismissed for < 250 I would have gotten the razors out. So I'll settle for: "filthy".
:laugh:

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Agreed, India didn't bowl or field well at all, still smacks of arrogance to moan to that extent after a pretty comfortable win

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
Not really, he's been consistently poor for a long time now.
The issue is his consistency, he simply cannot string more than two good performances together.

Take a look at this, it is infuriating that he can go for Pollock-esque economy rates in some games and follow it up with horror shows like that.

Simply put, his fitness is not good enough, he cannot bowl a second spell without taking three or four balls to warm up. These three or four balls can be bowled at about 115kph on the worst of days and tend to go for boundaries. The action is awful and I doubt he'd ever be willing to try to improve it and he barely jogs to the crease due to his lack of fitness, simply not acceptable.

R_D

International Debutant
that was horror show from Munaf Patel...... hopefully he won't turn out for Indian team anymore.

duffer

Agreed, India didn't bowl or field well at all, still smacks of arrogance to moan to that extent after a pretty comfortable win
Not really, it wasn't the result that I was moaning about but the amateurish effort they put in when fielding. I know NZ were terrible too in their innings but I don't support them, that's for you guys to dissect and vent over. I even acknowledged many times during our innings that the high score had as much to do with the bowling as it did any batting brilliance whatsoever.

Not understanding how you guys seem to be taking Indian fans criticizing their own team as being some sort of backhander directed at NZ.

Zinzan

Not really, it wasn't the result that I was moaning about but the amateurish effort they put in when fielding. I know NZ were terrible too in their innings but I don't support them, that's for you guys to dissect and vent over. I even acknowledged many times during our innings that the high score had as much to do with the bowling as it did any batting brilliance whatsoever.

Not understanding how you guys seem to be taking Indian fans criticizing their own team as being some sort of backhander directed at NZ.
It's a fair point you make. I suppose you'll only know the feeling if your side gets hammered, then the opposition fans talk about how crap they were. Probably won't happen for a longtime given the strength of this current Indian side, but can't disagree with what you say

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Kiwi fans, can you please chill and stop taking everything as an insult to NZ cricket?

I think its fair to say that both sides were poor when bowling today. NZ fans have the right to be even more pissed than India.

jeevan

International 12th Man
Also did not quite get why Munaf was grinning while getting smacked around - around when NZ passed 300.

Agree with most other posters. While we need to respect the humble background that Munaf came from, he's been given enough chances by now.

duffer

It's a fair point you make. I suppose you'll only know the feeling if your side gets hammered, then the opposition fans talk about how crap they were. Probably won't happen for a longtime given the strength of this current Indian side, but can't disagree with what you say
Hey, my basketball team last year got hammered 4-0 in a series against the Lakers last year and their fans were complaining about how Kobe Bryant needs to pull his finger out etc etc.

Anyway it was the lackadaisical mentality at which they approached the innings which got me more than any quality issues. As Evermind said in this thread it was a case of the two teams trying to outcrap each other today.

HeathDavisSpeed

I think its fair to say that both sides were poor when bowling today. NZ fans have the right to be even more pissed than India.
A bit of naivety from McCullum with regards to managing Southee combined with the "bad luck" of the injury to Butler cost NZ quite a bit in the end.

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
What does India gain? Let's keep it short.
  • Sachin is in good nick. He may win the series for India on this form.
  • Dhoni continues to impress with the bat. He's not perfect with the gloves, but we can stay with it.
  • Zaheer leads the bowling nicely. Two deliveries earned wickets here.
  • Yuvraj continues to blast away, though three figures seem to elude him.
  • They play seven batsmen, but only the top six last (more or less) the full 50 overs.
  • Harbhajan still does the best for India.
There are a few snags, though
  • The fielding is inconsistent. We know they're very good at their peak, but this is dreadful.
  • The bowling still has to play around the part-time rubbish, and it's too big a risk.
  • You can't subject your batting mainstay to bowling so many overs so often.
  • There's an opportunity to play two spinners, not taken.
  • Munaf gets one ODI too many, despite being misfit in this format.
  • They still don't know what to do with Yusuf Pathan.
They need to work harder on fielding and fitness to close out the series in the next match. They also need to re-adjust to a proper ODI ground, and get back to more conventional cricket in the next match. Not every ground in New Zealand is like AMI- especially Eden Park.

On a lighter note, it's disappointing not to have any ODIs in Queenstown- we won't see ball and plane co-exist, with so many sixes hit on small grounds.

Zinzan

Hate to say, but would be very surprised if NZ win another game in the rest of this series ..Test or ODI's. India won't bowl or field that badly again & their batting just wreaks of confidence - even when Sehwag failed

Flem274*

123/5
Both sides have forgotten how to bowl. Southee and Munaf were especially shocking, not that anyone bowled that well.

Oram was excellent though. Mills and Butler were OK, sorry I can't remember the goodish Indians from the scorecard, my mind was boggled with both sides appalling bowling firgures.

Looked like we had a lovely collapse, which is dissappointing, Ryder seems to have had a breakthrough though, which is good.

Nishan

U19 Cricketer
Hell of a game! worth every cent i paid to get in. India nearly blew it with poor effort in the field. But fair play to NZ giving a show and making a statement why they are number 4 in the world.