• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England in West Indies

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
If Cook scores 31 more he'll have 3000 Test runs. He'll then be on 97.

Could cross two milestones, watch out for a bloody nose :laugh:

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
We've seen a wonderful day five followed by an awful day five, and of course England hideously refused to reach day five in the first test. A Jekyll & Hyde series :laugh:

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
We've seen a wonderful day five followed by an awful day five, and of course England hideously refused to reach day five in the first test. A Jekyll & Hyde series :laugh:
Out of interest, did you google 'Jekyll' to check the spelling before typing it? I would have, just wandered how many others do :)

oitoitoi

State Vice-Captain
It's really pissing me off how much they're bemoaning the pitch, particularly the England players. Fair enough this is a good batting pitch but it's a million miles from Multan or Karachi. England are a team to talk too, according to Cricinfo Lords, The Oval and Headingely have been among the ten flattest pitches in the world over the last 5 years or so. This test has highlighted the mediocrity of both attacks more than anything else, some batsmen are often labelled flat track bullies, England's bowlers are the equivalent, they only perform in helpful condtions. The best attacks in the world (India and SA) are to an extent able to take the pitch out of the equation, a skill that's becoming increasingly important given the proliferation of good batting surfaces. I wish the players would just cut the bull****, admit their shortcomings and tell the public where they need to improve.

What any team would give for Waqar Younis these days...

ozone

First Class Debutant
It's really pissing me off how much they're bemoaning the pitch, particularly the England players. Fair enough this is a good batting pitch but it's a million miles from Multan or Karachi. England are a team to talk too, according to Cricinfo Lords, The Oval and Headingely have been among the ten flattest pitches in the world over the last 5 years or so. This test has highlighted the mediocrity of both attacks more than anything else, some batsmen are often labelled flat track bullies, England's bowlers are the equivalent, they only perform in helpful condtions. The best attacks in the world (India and SA) are to an extent able to take the pitch out of the equation, a skill that's becoming increasingly important given the proliferation of good batting surfaces. I wish the players would just cut the bull****, admit their shortcomings and tell the public where they need to improve.
The difference is, in England, theres usually something in even the flattest of pitches, especially with the different type of balls used. Its already been said that both teams have fairly toothless attacks, but TBH, the only type of bowler who would be able to get something out of it is a genuine quick. That said, even Fidel Edwards who has bowled 90mph+ hasn't had huge success.

Anyway, well batted Alistair Cook, despite the state of the pitch, it took some steel to get there in the end.

Evermind

International Debutant
Bahahaha. Even I'm not watching this one.
Me neither. I've given up on this and the SL-Pak tests.

Henceforth, in posting stats about tests, I am going to exclude draws that involve a team making 600+.

There are five centuries in this test including a near-triple (what's the record for most centuries in a test?) and the bowlers are gonna end up with averages in the 80s. What good is that for anyone? Even Malcolm Marshall would've ended up with > 35 average if he had to play on pitches like these all his life.

Hats off to Umar Gul for managing 6 wickets at 22.5 apiece in the other test. That's true class.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
The difference is, in England, theres usually something in even the flattest of pitches, especially with the different type of balls used. Its already been said that both teams have fairly toothless attacks, but TBH, the only type of bowler who would be able to get something out of it is a genuine quick. That said, even Fidel Edwards who has bowled 90mph+ hasn't had huge success.

Anyway, well batted Alistair Cook, despite the state of the pitch, it took some steel to get there in the end.
Tbf to Edwards, had his fielders been any good in the first dig he'd have returned great figures.