• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England in West Indies

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
A WI win is a distinct possibility here. You can't see England having much of a lead now, and they're due a batting collapse, especially after a couple of days in the field.

WI to chase down less than 200 on Day 5 anyone?

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Gotta feel a bit sorry for Alan Hurst. Has to try to explain decisions made by others and avoid embarrassing anyone.
Agree, I thought it was funny that Nasser started the interview by saying he wasn't going to ask about the specific decisions, then 2 mins later starts asking about them in 100% detail

Mr Mxyzptlk

England are playing against a 2-man attack in this match, so it's unlikely that they'll collapse sufficiently to lose this match.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
A WI win is a distinct possibility here. You can't see England having much of a lead now, and they're due a batting collapse, especially after a couple of days in the field.

Spot the extreme pessimist.

I know today's been rubbish, but it can't possibly get any worse.

(And yes, I do know that it actually can)

Mr Mxyzptlk

Not sure. It must've dampened the level of trust a bit for Hurst to have to keep correcting him - given the impression Hussain wasn't listening.
The impression I got was that Hussain was trying to get under his skin. Trying to shake him from the formulated, robotic, politically-correct responses.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
'If hawk-eye isn't 100% correct it will not be used.' That's shocking I mean come on, in tennis hawk-eye isn't even 100% accurate and hawk-eye has been such a success in tennis...
Oh god they're seriously using that line?

That's the most bull****ting copout of an argument and it's rolled out by know-nothing idiots who do not have the mental faculties to discuss this sort of issue.

Virtually no technology is 100%. But as far as relative chance of error goes human beings are infinitely worse than the technology they're using.

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
Glad to see the England boys are rightfully not trying to defend any decisions... shows that the people on Cricket Web have some sense and don't just blindly support their team.
Should have realised that by now. Most of them are good folk.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
'If hawk-eye isn't 100% correct it will not be used.' That's shocking I mean come on, in tennis hawk-eye isn't even 100% accurate and hawk-eye has been such a success in tennis...
The tennis comparison is a very poor one. In tennis hawkeye only has to show where the ball lands - in cricket it has to predict it's path after hitting the pads.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Liking Nasser's transmogrification into the Jeremy Paxman of the cricket world. Effectively asked Hurst if he thought Harper was competent to act as third umpire.

Hurst didn't answer "yes" either. Way to back your boy, Al.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Can't see how he could answer anything other than "no comment" there really. Match-Referees aren't paid to comment on the competency of Umpires. To give any answer invited ridicule or worse. No-comment was probably the least damage he could do.

Zinzan

Can't see how he could answer anything other than "no comment" there really. Match-Referees aren't paid to comment on the competency of Umpires. To give any answer invited ridicule or worse. No-comment was probably the least damage he could do.
Absolutely; he could hardly have said "yeah he's rubbish"

Evermind

International Debutant

Not even England can lose this. Maybe India could.

Uppercut

Haha, that was ridiculous, but to collapse against McGrath-Warne-Lee-Clark isn't quite the horror-show that collapsing against Edwards-Taylor-Powell-Benn would be.

That match is actually one of my all-time favourites. The final day is probably my favourite ever day of a test.