• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official India in New Zealand***

Dick Rockett

International Vice-Captain
It's amazing how often I agree with you about cricket and how rarely I agree with you about anything else. Truly remarkable.
How odd, that's the second post like that I've had directed at me in the last few days. Same thing applies really - didn't know you disagreed with me so much, can't recall ever having thought the same about you tbh.

pasag

RTDAS
How odd, that's the second post like that I've had directed at me in the last few days. Same thing applies really - didn't know you disagreed with me so much, can't recall ever having thought the same about you tbh.
Prince's a card carrying Liberal party member iirc, doesn't let it show much though.

Flem274*

123/5
Sport is excellent for that. people who normally would disagree can be united by a game.

Thats such **** phrasing but hopefuly you get the idea.

Prad100w

U19 Cricketer
:walkman::walkman:
we are carrying that home advantage and with Vettori(a great thinker of the game) leading the side, NZ have got 70% chances to win series

Howeever, starting from this tuesday the :starwars: begin

NZ will of course be winning with wonderful team effort
:band:
Have been reading this thread for a while. Just thought of popping in..NZ definitely hold the advantage in this ODI series..because of the home ground advantage, their disciplined bowling, confidence of winning the T'20's and also the fact that Indian batsmen have been struggling on this tour. But its too early to make predictions though i feel, because T20 is different from ODI's. Eventhough we won the WC last time, i still don't think India are a better T20 side specially in NZ conditions. Also the fact that they didn't have any practice match didn't help either. Things are a bit different in ODI's. Batsmen got more time to find their feet. Our main strength is our batting and if it clicks i don't think NZ bowling attack could pose much problems. And NZ batting isn't that great either. Apart from few players, it looks mediocre. I still believe India's line-up is the most exciting batting line-up in the world when they click. But yes the "batting" should click which has been our problem here in NZ since last tour and i don't think India have been that bad in touring NZ except probably last tour. Eventhough we didn't win a series in 1999. We did manage to do well in tests. But we were denied the ODI series because of a blitzkrieg from cairns in the final ODI which made the series 2-2 . So all is not lost. Again no matter how Tendulkar plays, it brings kind of positive belief within the side. And i beg to disagree to your view that since he is aged he can't go after NZ bowlers. He has done that so many times against much better bowlers before and have proved people wrong. No reason why he can't again. This is gonna be a closely fought series and NZ might just come out on top.

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
A preferred Indian XI for the first three ODIs-
  • Sehwag
  • Tendulkar
  • Gambhir (bats at seven after a good start)
  • Dhoni (WK)
  • Yuvraj
  • Raina
  • Harbhajan (OB)
  • Praveen Kumar (RM)
  • Zaheer (LFM)
  • Ojha (SLA)
  • Ishant (RFM)
No Irfan or Yusuf, which is a huge setback. You're saddled with either inadequate bowling options or a shorter batting lineup. Seeing how easy it is to post huge scores, I settled with the latter. This is 50-over cricket, so they can take their time to settle. Given the success of Vettori, Harbhajan and even the moderate success of Jadeja and Nate McCullum, getting in a second full spinner is not a bad idea.

Raghav

International Vice-Captain
Have been reading this thread for a while. Just thought of popping in..NZ definitely hold the advantage in this ODI series..because of the home ground advantage, their disciplined bowling, confidence of winning the T'20's and also the fact that Indian batsmen have been struggling on this tour. But its too early to make predictions though i feel, because T20 is different from ODI's. Eventhough we won the WC last time, i still don't think India are a better T20 side specially in NZ conditions. Also the fact that they didn't have any practice match didn't help either. Things are a bit different in ODI's. Batsmen got more time to find their feet. Our main strength is our batting and if it clicks i don't think NZ bowling attack could pose much problems. And NZ batting isn't that great either. Apart from few players, it looks mediocre. I still believe India's line-up is the most exciting batting line-up in the world when they click. But yes the "batting" should click which has been our problem here in NZ since last tour and i don't think India have been that bad in touring NZ except probably last tour. Eventhough we didn't win a series in 1999. We did manage to do well in tests. But we were denied the ODI series because of a blitzkrieg from cairns in the final ODI which made the series 2-2 . So all is not lost. Again no matter how Tendulkar plays, it brings kind of positive belief within the side. And i beg to disagree to your view that since he is aged he can't go after NZ bowlers. He has done that so many times against much better bowlers before and have proved people wrong. No reason why he can't again. This is gonna be a closely fought series and NZ might just come out on top.
good post!

yeah! would personally love this contest to be close rather than the previous one in 2003...

considering how victorious the Indians are recently, they should put up a show or win this series perfectly speaking.... BUT,,,Indians have took NZ lightly in many cases and would not like them doing again now in this series

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
The Indians shouldn't let their shoulders droop and cower in fear- when the Proteas toured Australia, they won the Test and ODI series, and Australia won only the T20 event. This was on the back of Ponting's infamous statement of 'mediocre teams such as India' dominating T20. They have play to win, not try to get used to the conditions and adopt a safety-first approach- the Kiwis have looked completely secure, and are doing well. Moreover, ridiculous revolving-door selections should end- they should freeze their best XI and stick to it for some time if they hope to be the top team in 50-over cricket.

IndGunner

First Class Debutant
The Indians shouldn't let their shoulders droop and cower in fear- when the Proteas toured Australia, they won the Test and ODI series, and Australia won only the T20 event. This was on the back of Ponting's infamous statement of 'mediocre teams such as India' dominating T20. They have play to win, not try to get used to the conditions and adopt a safety-first approach- the Kiwis have looked completely secure, and are doing well. Moreover, ridiculous revolving-door selections should end- they should freeze their best XI and stick to it for some time if they hope to be the top team in 50-over cricket.
That really depends on what is considered the "best XI" really

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
It seems anyone who doesnt share your poor opinion gets up your nose. I think we've all seen these meltdowns before.
8-)

I was debating the merits of Scott Styris' non-selection. You were the one who dragged it down into the gutter.

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
That really depends on what is considered the "best XI" really
Your best XI won't have Ravindra Jadeja, Robin Uthappa, Virat Kohli, Munaf Patel and any player yet to make his ODI debut. It won't change with every match either.

Polo23

International Debutant
8-)

I was debating the merits of Scott Styris' non-selection. You were the one who dragged it down into the gutter.
I found your drooling over him quite disturbing and far more gutter ridden than anything I said.

I agree Styris has been a quality player for NZ, but as I said, if you get injured then tough ****. You open the door for someone else and if when you return you aren't performing, then you don't deserve to get a recall. If there aren't any List A games to show your worth, then tough **** again. It's cricket, live with it.

Every team was mediocre compared to the Australians during their time of dominance.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
I found your drooling over him quite disturbing and far more gutter ridden than anything I said.

I agree Styris has been a quality player for NZ, but as I said, if you get injured then tough ****. You open the door for someone else and if when you return you aren't performing, then you don't deserve to get a recall. If there aren't any List A games to show your worth, then tough **** again. It's cricket, live with it.
I've said everything I've had to say on this so we'll just have to agree to disagree. Seriously though, I struggle to see how pointing out the number of 50's a player has made is drooling. Have to remember to put a bib on the next time someone asks me how many tonnes Ricky Ponting has made.

In any case, how can one not slather over Styris! The man is a beacon of animal magnetism.

Last edited:

Polo23

International Debutant
I've said everything I've had to say on this so we'll just have to agree to disagree. Seriously though, I struggle to see how pointing out the number of 50's a player has made is drooling. Have to remember to put a bib on the next time someone asks me how many tonnes Ricky Ponting has made.
It obviously wasn't just that. It was the whole way you went about your argument, as if Styris was your husband (not saying you are gay, but you get what I mean) or something.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
It obviously wasn't just that. It was the whole way you went about your argument, as if Styris was your husband (not saying you are gay, but you get what I mean) or something.
Well you would...nope not getting sucked into this again. Now if you'll excuse me I'm off to ritually masturbate over my 10 foot mural to the cadaverous greatness of the virus.