• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in South Africa

popepouri

State Vice-Captain
Not really a bunch of no names, I think you need to give us some credit.. But yeah it will be nice if Australia continue to be this poor, we might not win every test but I am confident we will grind them into the dust batting wise
Agreed. Reckon a lot of these guys will be knocking on the SA door soon especially Roela and Tahir. Kuhn is a possible replacement for Boucher when he retires. If Wiese scores more hundreds at less than a run a ball, he'll be there too.

Something_Fishy

School Boy/Girl Captain
Agreed. Reckon a lot of these guys will be knocking on the SA door soon especially Roela and Tahir. Kuhn is a possible replacement for Boucher when he retires. If Wiese scores more hundreds at less than a run a ball, he'll be there too.
Have any idea how old Kuhn is?

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
North bowling well it seems. Points for Patto. :)

North for the Australian All-Time XI, etc.

The mediocrity of this Australian bowling attack is astonishing. At best, they can only manage to draw test matches unless if they have an opportunity to bowl at a 5th day minefield. I lol'd at their struggles of bowling out the SA tail on that day as well, only just managed to win the SCG test.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
The opposition made runs in a warm-up! ZOMGGG

Hope Katich and Hughes make double tons.

pasag

RTDAS
The mediocrity of this Australian bowling attack is astonishing. At best, they can only manage to draw test matches unless if they have an opportunity to bowl at a 5th day minefield. I lol'd at their struggles of bowling out the SA tail on that day as well, only just managed to win the SCG test.
Although this is pretty depressing and maybe true in the short term, it must be remembered how new to the scene all these players are. Johnson has 18 Tests under his belt, none of the others have more than 5. They'll grow in time and right now they're an unknown commodity, more than anything else. All these bowlers have a lot of potential (aside from McGain) and there's no reason they can't be a force with experience.

Neil Pickup

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Not really a bunch of no names, I think you need to give us some credit.. But yeah it will be nice if Australia continue to be this poor, we might not win every test but I am confident we will grind them into the dust batting wise
Sorry, but they're a bunch of no-names to everyone who doesn't have a special interest in SA cricket. Same way that Aus fans will claim the Lilac Hill XI that dick England every four years aren't no-names because they've heard of them... same way we'll claim England Lions aren't no-names.

If we can't put firstnames to surnames as genuine, serious cricket fans then they're no names.