• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in South Africa

Something_Fishy

School Boy/Girl Captain
Looks like McGain will not be playing in the first Test if he continues at this rate. 1/68 off 9 really is not a great effort.
Ya, and what happened with Krejza? He was being klapped by the Indian okes and when he finally got a Test he took 12 wickets. You can't judge the oke on just this one performance, but hell is it nice! :laugh:

Something_Fishy

School Boy/Girl Captain
Well wouldn't you be pissed off if your much younger and taller brother played test cricket and you're unlikely ever to, despite being a very talented cricketer?
I hardly think he gives a **** if Morne is taller than him. That's just childish.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Well wouldn't you be pissed off if your much younger and taller brother played test cricket and you're unlikely ever to, despite being a very talented cricketer?
No.

Also where and how can Albie Morkel fit into the current South African test side without ditching either Kallis or Bouch?

Briony

International Debutant
No.

Also where and how can Albie Morkel fit into the current South African test side without ditching either Kallis or Bouch?
I realise that, which is why I suggested that his chances of elevation to the test team are bleak. In any case it seems that AB doesn't want the gloves so Boucher will be replaced by an orthodox keeper, not an all-rounder.

Briony

International Debutant
The older brother who's career was truncated by injuries, Malan, must be jealous of them both.:dry:

McGain's economy rate is improving.

pasag

RTDAS
Pretty depressing all round. Being pwned by a bunch of no-names like this and not one bowler standing up. I can't see how we'll win a single Test this series, I really don't.

Briony

International Debutant
Pretty depressing all round. Being pwned by a bunch of no-names like this and not one bowler standing up. I can't see how we'll win a single Test this series, I really don't.

The Saffas didn't star against WA, including a 2nd XI in their warmup games.

pup11

International Coach
Not picking wickets on a flat deck is understandable, but it ridiculous at the kind of rate which 4's and 6's are being hit of the Aussie bowling.

McGain gets Bodi's wicket, and the next bloke comes in and smashes him to the boundary the very next ball...!!!

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year

That's what happened to teams touring Australia back in the day.

popepouri

State Vice-Captain
Wiese looking awesome. Not a fan of his bowling but certainly can hit the ball "as clean as a whistle".

Langeveldt

Soutie
Not really a bunch of no names, I think you need to give us some credit.. But yeah it will be nice if Australia continue to be this poor, we might not win every test but I am confident we will grind them into the dust batting wise