• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England in West Indies

pskov

International 12th Man
New ball does the trick. Well played Sarwan, now let's get Nash out before he gets set so we can rip open the tail.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
That said, I'd definitely bowl myself ahead of Shah if he turned up to play for my club side. He looks truly village.
Yup, I've always said the same thing.

Anyway, finally that's that wicket needed. Now 50 overs to get Nash and co out.

pskov

International 12th Man
Hmm this is going to get exciting just as I potter off to Scrabble Club. Super.
I played Scrabble against my dad for the first time in ages the other day. Scored over 300 for the first time too but still lost. :glare:

Went all out with 'dowiest' scoring something like 120 odd points. Was very proud of myself after that one. :laugh:

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Anderson's bowling figures in this game have been - dare I say it - a bit of an enigma. His economy rate in both innings flatters him, yet he's looked threatening enough to have picked up at least two in each innings and he's still wicketless.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Anderson's bowling figures in this game have been - dare I say it - a bit of an enigma. His economy rate in both innings flatters him, yet he's looked threatening enough to have picked up at least two in each innings and he's still wicketless.
You think his E/R flatters him? I wouldn't say that. He's bowled a far, far more attacking new-ball line than Sidebottom generally does and still managed not to go for runs.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I played Scrabble against my dad for the first time in ages the other day. Scored over 300 for the first time too but still lost. :glare:

Went all out with 'dowiest' scoring something like 120 odd points. Was very proud of myself after that one. :laugh:
Nice.

With a late surge you might make the US$15,000 first prize World Championships and US$25,000 first prize Causeway Challenge in Malaysia I'm going to in late November/early December.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
You think his E/R flatters him? I wouldn't say that. He's bowled a far, far more attacking new-ball line than Sidebottom generally does and still managed not to go for runs.
He hasn't been all over the shop but he's gone at less than 3 an over in both innings. On a pitch this flat in this day and age, that would generally indicate super-accurate bowling (perhaps not after his team posts 500+, but still). I think he's got away with some loose stuff but equally I think he's bowled well enough to take quite a few more wickets than he has.

I'm not saying he's bowled poorly though; don't get me wrong. Basically, he's bowled exactly how he has for the last 18 months in this match for totally different results. The mammoth total England posted probably has something to do with it as the West Indies haven't been looking to force the initiative but I think they've shown Anderson an unusual amount of respect in comparison to the other bowlers.

Last edited:

Uppercut

He hasn't been all over the shop but he's gone at less than 3 an over in both innings. On a pitch this flat in this day and age, that would generally indicate super-accurate bowling (perhaps not after his team posts 500+, but still). I think he's got away with some loose stuff but equally I think he's bowled well enough to take quite a few more wickets than he has.

I'm not saying he's bowled poorly though; don't get me wrong. Basically, he's bowled exactly how he has for the last 18 months in this match for totally different results. The mammoth total England posted probably has something to do with it as the West Indies haven't been looking to force the initiative but I think they've shown Anderson an unusual amount of respect in comparison with the other bowlers.
I think that probably has something to do with it. Usually when a fast bowler gets a very flattering economy rate it's got something to do with them wasting the new ball, which Anderson hasn't done in this match.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I think that probably has something to do with it. Usually when a fast bowler gets a very flattering economy rate it's got something to do with them wasting the new ball, which Anderson hasn't done in this match.
Yeah, I wasn't trying to suggest he had "chucked a Sidebottom" and not made the batsmen play enough; I was just saying his figures were odd in that they didn't represent how he bowled at all. He hasn't been particularly accurate nor defensive and he's looked threatening, yet he's gone for bugger all and taken none. Fifteen more runs two more wickets in each innings would sum it up a lot better IMO.

pskov

International 12th Man
In 5 years time we will look back at this series and say 'That tour was when Stuart Broad finally became a test match bowler'?

Zinzan

Provided it doesn't rain, thats 1-1 now, can't see the Windies tail surviving over 40 overs

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Provided it doesn't rain, thats 1-1 now, can't see the Windies tail surviving over 40 overs
Edwards is surprisingly gun at batting time. :p

England win should definitely be the favourite from here but I don't think it's a forgone conclusion by any stretch of the imagination.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Nah, it's all set up for us to miss out by one or two wickets, which will make it all the more galling:)

Well done Stuart, who'd of thunk:wacko: