• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England in West Indies

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
BREAKING NEWS: SKY SPORTS COMMENTATORS BRIEFLY MENTION CRICKET

Yeah, I don't care about where you bought your shirt from....

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
I can assure you that in the 1900s they'd have said that third-Umpires behind TV screens (whatever they were) scrutinising decisions to try to avoid Umpiring errors would never have happened either.

However, both that and the removal of loss of playing time would make the game that much better, as have several things introduced down the years, so hopefully both may at some point be used to the best extent.

Anyway so far today there's been some good bowling and some good batting combatting it.
But I have spoken. It won't ever happen.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
BREAKING NEWS: SKY SPORTS COMMENTATORS BRIEFLY MENTION CRICKET

Yeah, I don't care about where you bought your shirt from....
And in the meantime, England's bowlers are suddenly offering much less threat. Swann not starting well either.

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
I can assure you that in the 1900s they'd have said that third-Umpires behind TV screens (whatever they were) scrutinising decisions to try to avoid Umpiring errors would never have happened either.

However, both that and the removal of loss of playing time would make the game that much better, as have several things introduced down the years, so hopefully both may at some point be used to the best extent.

Anyway so far today there's been some good bowling and some good batting combatting it.
They did not have TVs back then so they had a point:ph34r:

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
Wondering why you'd be supporting the draw?
Don't support England, pretty much always want them to lose. It is petulant and I am happy to follow their selection and hope they pick the best side and are administered well by the ECB but I just have an insatiable desire to see them lose. If I could support England, I would, but I just don't like them as a team. This contrasts to growing up in the late 1990s when I was quite a big England fan - my two idols being Gough and Ealham.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Don't support England, pretty much always want them to lose. It is petulant and I am happy to follow their selection and hope they pick the best side and are administered well by the ECB but I just have an insatiable desire to see them lose. If I could support England, I would, but I just don't like them as a team. This contrasts to growing up in the late 1990s when I was quite a big England fan - my two idols being Gough and Ealham.
If you don't mind me asking, do you have Indian heritage or did you just randomly choose to support them?

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
If you don't mind me asking, do you have Indian heritage or did you just randomly choose to support them?
Both my parents are of Indian origin. My father would have been born in India if not for the British Empire (so he was born in Kenya) and my mother was born in India. My father emigrated in his teens and my mother when she was two. I do love England and have massive national pride for England and not for India, which makes it all the more astounding that I don't support the cricket team.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Ah, I see. For some reason, had always thought you supported England (cricket team) second. Not sure how I've mixed things up TBH.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Interestingly poised with 70odd overs remaining in the day. Hoping Chands & Sarwan are still batting when I wake up in couple of hours.

Anyone else feel that just one wicket will be the catalyst for a collapse? The Wndies are the absolute masters at slumping from 180/3 to 233 all out (or thereabouts)

Last edited:

Xuhaib

International Coach
I hope Sarwan can maintain this consistency, he's such a talented and good player to watch but somehow his record (test) does not reflect this. He is 29 now prolly his peak so a good 4 years could mean that he may bump his average up to 45 which would be a much better reflection of his talents.