• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England in West Indies

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Anyone else feel that just one wicket will be the catalyst for the quick demise? The Wndies are the absolute masters at slumping from 180/3 to 233 all out (or thereabouts)
That's the reason why England fans who think with heads over hearts are still very confident - if it doesn't rain. Nash might be tough to get through, but after he it could easily be a house-of-cards act.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I hope Sarwan can maintain this consistency, he's such a talented and good player to watch but somehow his record (test) does not reflect this. He is 29 now prolly his peak so a good 4 years could mean that he may bump his average up to 45 which would be a much better reflection of his talents.
Some (Edward Dexter) would argue that it wasn't. Some would argue he should've averaged 50+ at least.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
That's the reason why England fans who think with heads over hearts are still very confident - if it doesn't rain. Nash might be tough to get through, but after he it could easily be a house-of-cards act.
Of course, forgot about Nash. That lad can certainly bat time

Evermind

International Debutant
Question: how do they England supporters manage to travel all over the world in the oddest of times to support their team? I mean...it's not like a football match - it's a series played over a month. How about their jobs, families, schools, etc etc? Does anyone here do that?

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Well I guess some people just go over for one match, which then means you're not away any longer than a normal holiday

Evermind

International Debutant
Arg I can't stand watching Chanderpaul bat. I dread the day Australia play WIndies again in tests - Mitchell Johnson bowling to Chanderpaul (Shaun Tait fielding?) might annihilate the universe in an explosion of ugly cricket.

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
Question: how do they England supporters manage to travel all over the world in the oddest of times to support their team? I mean...it's not like a football match - it's a series played over a month. How about their jobs, families, schools, etc etc? Does anyone here do that?
I imagine most people would only travel for a week or two, and take holiday for that from work. I also presume most of them don't have kids, hence why they can afford it! Although it is school holiday this week.

Presumably the people who go all the time are just loaded and/or self-employed.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yeah, I wonder the same thing.

I think some just do work that means they can work about six months a year, and get paid substantially for. Many with normal jobs would just live frugally for the rest of their time. Others it's a once in a lifetime thingy. Gap years may be a possibility too....

Rebecca

School Boy/Girl Captain
OMG, has there ever been a more irritating batsman to watch than Chanderpaul? He just can't keep still can he?! He makes me feel really on edge. I might go and do the ironing . . .

Evermind

International Debutant
OMG, has there ever been a more irritating batsman to watch than Chanderpaul? He just can't keep still can he?! He makes me feel really on edge. I might go and do the ironing . . .
Not just that but he practically stands parallel to the crease. It's like he's facing the bowler straight on. He also half-squats with the bat between his legs. I can't believe it actually works for him.

Rebecca

School Boy/Girl Captain
Annoyingly, it does work for him. *Big sigh of frustration*

Getting very concerned about Flintoff. He's clearly in pain.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
This is now the sort of time to start thinking "need a wicket here very soon".

Given the possibility of rain that is.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Wish TMS would stop going on about how Panesar would enjoy bowling on this.
Yeah, Panesar would typically enjoy bowling on the pitch served up for the first Test too - even moreso than this one IMO - but he was terrible. It's not like he's been a victim of only playing when it doesn't suit him.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I have no idea how Shah turns the ball as much as he does (which is still a very negligible amount) given his seam position and trajectory.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
I have tentitive plans to do a couple of Ashes tests in 2014

Haha long way off to plan!

Myself having been to Australia(missed the Ashes but did the commonwealth bank) and NZ, think i'll either plan for a SA tour (which is unlikely as i won't have the money by next year) or the next Windies one...been to Barbados and Jamaica already so i'd probably try and do the other two tests.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I shudder to think what Shah would go for in 20/20s. He's a dreadful bowler.
A mere 5.07 runs per over in the two and a bit overs he's bowled in it.

That said, I'd definitely bowl myself ahead of Shah if he turned up to play for my club side. He looks truly village.

Last edited:

ozone

First Class Debutant
This is now the sort of time to start thinking "need a wicket here very soon".
Assuming we take the new ball straight away, if these two are still batting after 8-10 overs with it, then we're in a pretty desperate situation.

EDIT: 8-10 overs from now then...