• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official India in New Zealand***

GGG

State Captain
Do you fart? That's bigger threat to biosecurity than dirt on your shoes. No offence intended, just plain fact.

Oh in case you don't fart at all, then you are a ticking eco-time-bomb. :fear:
errr its not the "dirt" as such but what parasites, insects etc that maybe in the dirt.

Precambrian

Banned
Spot who knows nothing about biosecurity.

Anything could be on your shoes, what if some form of insectiside, some random insect etc was on them? I doubt you fart insects or poisonous chemicals, unless you have some eating habits you'd like to tell us about

EDIT: and as a good Otago lad Susu, I would have thought you'd known this. :p
Eh? I strongly DWTA. Especially at the personal question of integrity, residence and food habits. I am a vegan since my childhood, and I fart like any other Irishman but only when on a potato diet, which has become pretty rare.

And did it occur to you that insects are the most dominant species on earth and hence you can find them anywhere in the world?

And bloody talk about insecticides etc are scandalous considering you are suggesting that these things are assumable since they are from the subcontinent? That's appalling.

:sleep:

Precambrian

Banned
errr its not the "dirt" as such but what parasites, insects etc that maybe in the dirt.
Do not agree. NZ is completely devoid of parasites insects and stuff?

And the subcontinent is swarming with such things, that a billion people are virtually clinging onto their dear lives from their attack?

And that Messrs McCullum, Vettori, Bond, Macca, Ryder, etc etc etc not to mention the touring teams to India have braved such stuff to earn their dough in the IPL? Do their contracts carry insurance against such bio-hazards called insects??

GGG

State Captain
Do not agree. NZ is completely devoid of parasites insects and stuff?

And the subcontinent is swarming with such things, that a billion people are virtually clinging onto their dear lives from their attack?

And that Messrs McCullum, Vettori, Bond, Macca, Ryder, etc etc etc not to mention the touring teams to India have braved such stuff to earn their dough in the IPL? Do their contracts carry insurance against such bio-hazards called insects??
8-) You are correct new Zealand contains every know insect, soil-borne disease and weeds know to man. Its not the direct effect on humans but the damage it could do to our agricuture industry, faming industry and our native flora.

Of course some insects and such are going to get through, its called minimising the risk.

i don't know why you are even trying to argue this point unless you know more about ecology and agriculural pests that MAF.

Precambrian

Banned
8-) You are correct new Zealand contains every know insect, soil-borne disease and weeds know to man. Its not the direct effect on humans but the damage it could do to our agricuture industry, faming industry and our native flora.

Of course some insects and such are going to get through, its called minimising the risk.

i don't know why you are even trying to argue this point unless you know more about ecology and agriculural pests that MAF.
So cricketers coming from India have more parasites, ecocites on them which can pummell NZ's agri sector into deep chasm of trouble due to the dirt on their shoes??? Has it ever occured to you that then the planes coming from India should be washed rinsed and cleaned before it enters NZ airspace then? As they carry more surface dust than anything that it contains??

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Do you fart? That's bigger threat to biosecurity than dirt on your shoes. No offence intended, just plain fact.

Oh in case you don't fart at all, then you are a ticking eco-time-bomb. :fear:
Yeah, coz farting is exactly the same as possibly bringing in foreign matter via cricket shoes. Who knows what he could have on the bottom of those?

GGG

State Captain
So cricketers coming from India have more parasites, ecocites on them which can pummell NZ's agri sector into deep chasm of trouble due to the dirt on their shoes??? Has it ever occured to you that then the planes coming from India should be washed rinsed and cleaned before it enters NZ airspace then? As they carry more surface dust than anything that it contains??
I see you think we are having a crack at India, it doesn't matter wether you come from India, Australia, the UK or anywhere the same strick rules apply.

If the airplanes biosecurity clearance has expired then yes it can be fumigated Biosecurity: Air New Zealand Takes Fumigating Its Passengers Seriously

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Look, we aren't the ones who are in charge of things like bio-security, we're just explaining to you why shoes should be clean before you enter another country. It's especially important coming into a country like NZ, which does not contain some of the things you'll find in India.

Precambrian

Banned
I see you think we are having a crack at India, it doesn't matter wether you come from India, Australia, the UK or anywhere the same strick rules apply.

If the airplanes biosecurity clearance has expired then yes it can be fumigated Biosecurity: Air New Zealand Takes Fumigating Its Passengers Seriously
:laugh:

I give up. I was trying to take this rant to a superlative level, but epic fail myself.

And I can only laugh at the direness of the laws considering they are ****ing trying to "isolate" the eco-system which is impossible, futile and sometimes better.

GGG

State Captain

I give up. I was trying to take this rant to a superlative level, but epic fail myself.

And I can only laugh at the direness of the laws considering they are ****ing trying to "isolate" the eco-system which is impossible, futile and sometimes better.
I guess you never heard about the "fart tax" our government was trying to bring in for cows :)

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Why is Harbhajan such a weak-willed flip-flopper? The Indian team's arrival in 2002 was caught on a reality TV programme called Border Patrol, and Harbhajan was told to clean his cricket boots by customs officials, as they were caked with dirt. He arrogantly declared he'd never visit NZ again. Yet, here we have him making his usual ****wit predictions as though he is - shock horror - going to tour.

Money does strange things to even the most arrogant of upstarts.

Awesome story.

Days of Grace

International Captain
My New Zealand team to face India in the first ODI:

B. McCullum (wk)
Guptill
Ryder
Taylor
Elliott
Oram
Franklin/N. McCullum
Mills
Vettori
Southee
O'Brien

I reckon Nathan McCullum can offer a lot more than Patel. I love Jeets but looks like Nathan McCullum can offer a lot more with the bat and not that much less with the ball. Looking forward to seeing how he goes tomorrow.

If spinning conditions aren't there, Jimmy comes in to add variety. He should be match fit by then.

Team has 8 bowling options, so there is no pressure on Oram to bowl a lot of overs.

No room for Styris. I feel that Elliott has basically taken his place for now.

irfan

State Captain
Test squad:
Mahendra Singh Dhoni (capt/wk),
Virender Sehwag,
Gautam Gambhir,
Rahul Dravid,
Sachin Tendulkar,
VVS Laxman,
Yuvraj Singh,
Harbhajan Singh,
Zaheer Khan,
Ishant Sharma,
Munaf Patel,
M Vijay,
Amit Mishra,
L Balaji,
Dhawal Kulkarni,
Dinesh Karthik (wk)
Fairly decent squad there, although I would have preferred Badrinath and Pathan over Vijay and Balaji. This has to be the last chance saloon for Munaf, he has to prove he is capable of running out a whole series (not just a game here or there) and bowling quick with a bit of reverse the whole time. Otherwise, he should be given an extended break. I reckon Dhawal is a good pick - tends to move the ball around and NZ conditions should be conducive to his bowling style.

Extremely interested to see how Yuvraj and Mishra (if picked) perform because both are entirely unproven outside the subcontinent.

India should win the tests but the ODI's will prove to be a much closer affair.

Evermind

International Debutant
This thread would be a lot better to read through if it were funnier. Right now it's a ****ing bore, and a waste of space.