• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official India in New Zealand***

99*

International Debutant
My New Zealand team to face India in the first ODI:

B. McCullum (wk)
Guptill
Ryder
Taylor
Elliott
Oram
Franklin/N. McCullum
Mills
Vettori
Southee
O'Brien

I reckon Nathan McCullum can offer a lot more than Patel. I love Jeets but looks like Nathan McCullum can offer a lot more with the bat and not that much less with the ball. Looking forward to seeing how he goes tomorrow.

If spinning conditions aren't there, Jimmy comes in to add variety. He should be match fit by then.

Team has 8 bowling options, so there is no pressure on Oram to bowl a lot of overs.

No room for Styris. I feel that Elliott has basically taken his place for now.
No need for a second spinner imo. With Oram (maybe Franklin), Elliott, Ryder, Vettori, O'Brien, Southee and Mills we have a very good bowling lineup and should place in another batsman.

McCullum
Guptill
Fulton/Ryder
Taylor
Ryder/Styris
Elliott
Oram/Franklin
Vettori
Mills
Southee
O'Brien

Gun side imo, 7 (8 with Styris) possible bowlers, bats down the order.

HMas

U19 12th Man
NZ team for ODIs & 20/20

Guptill
Ryder
Fulton
Taylor
Elliot
Oram
McCullum
Mills
Vettori
Southee
Brien

99*

International Debutant
Sky need to fire their marketing people, the advertisement for this series is sad at best.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
NZ Twenty20 team:

B.McCullum
Ryder
Guptill
Taylor
Oram
Broom
N.McCullum
Mills
Vettori
Southee
O'Brien

Lambu

U19 Debutant
You kiwis aren't gonna know what hit you this time. Believe the hype...believe every word of it.

masterblaster

International Captain
You kiwis aren't gonna know what hit you this time. Believe the hype...believe every word of it.
I quite fancy India's chances on this tour. We are a better side than Australia at this point, maybe though not at the level of South Africa yet. It will be interesting to see how we travel, although I'm quietly confident that we will do better than we did in 2002. I'm expecting Zaheer Khan and Ishant Sharma to perform really well.

Lambu

U19 Debutant
I quite fancy India's chances on this tour. We are a better side than Australia at this point, maybe though not at the level of South Africa yet. It will be interesting to see how we travel, although I'm quietly confident that we will do better than we did in 2002. I'm expecting Zaheer Khan and Ishant Sharma to perform really well.
Agree totally..your assessment of India's position tallies with mine.Another important factor that will work to our advantage is that NZ will be counting on us not being as good in their conditions..you can make that out from the tone of some posts here.I feel this under-estimation will lead to their downfall.They really don't have much quality in their personnel except a couple of them.

Athlai said:
If India didn't do better than they did in 2002 I think everyone would be highly surprised
I'm actually certain that you're expecting a repeat performance from us..i guess you'll know better after the tour.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Its just one of those things..when someone mentions it explicitly that you can be sure they mean the opp..sort of like investment for future embarresment.:dry:
Right then, so I can assume from all your posts that you actually think New Zealand will wipe the floor with India?

cowboysfan

U19 Debutant
i was surprised at how the kiwis struggled against a part timer like david hussey.that doesnt bode well for them in the t20s and odis because our strategy in recent times is to use as many spinners as we can in the middle overs.it remains to be seen whether we can do the same in new zealand.