• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official India in New Zealand***

Howsie

International Captain
The NZ ODI team:

1.Jesse Ryder
2.Martin Guptill
3.Ross Taylor
4.Grant Elliot
5.James Franklin
6.Jacob Oram
7.Brendon McCullum
8.Kyle Mills
9.Tim Southee
10.Daneil Vettori
11.Iain O'Brien

Thoughts?

HMas

U19 12th Man
The NZ ODI team:

1.Jesse Ryder
2.Martin Guptill
3.Ross Taylor
4.Grant Elliot
5.James Franklin
6.Jacob Oram
7.Brendon McCullum
8.Kyle Mills
9.Tim Southee
10.Daneil Vettori
11.Iain O'Brien

Thoughts?
Is Jesse Ryder brother a batter or bowler??

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
Tbh, I'm not too disappointed about the non inclusion of Praveen Kumar. He is a talented bowler, but he is young and did not have the best of seasons. He was clearly not in top form in the Ranji Trophy and therefore did not earn his selection. 18 wickets at 37.11 is not form worthy of Test selection. Moreover, he missed a few games for injury and it is not worth picking someone for their debut if they have not fully proved their fitness. The selections of Dhawal Kulkarni and Balaji are extremely promising as they show the BCCI showing faith in domestic cricket performances. Dhawal's 49 wickets at 22.02 and Balaji's 43 wickets at 19.06 are both brilliant efforts and it is good that they have been rewarded.

GGG

State Captain
The NZ ODI team:

1.Jesse Ryder
2.Martin Guptill
3.Ross Taylor
4.Grant Elliot
5.James Franklin
6.Jacob Oram
7.Brendon McCullum
8.Kyle Mills
9.Tim Southee
10.Daneil Vettori
11.Iain O'Brien

Thoughts?
Pretty good, although I would have Fulton at 3 replacing Franklin unless his bowling is now up to scratch, but would deffinately have McCullum or Ryder down the order and Guptil opening.

Evermind

International Debutant
Offspinner Harbhajan Singh predicted a one-day whitewash that could propel India to the top of the rankings.

"I am sure that we will beat New Zealand 5-0 to become the No1 team in the world," he said. "I don't know what type of pitches we are going to get in New Zealand, but basics always remain the same.

Sachin says it won't be a breeze - New Zealand's source for sport, rugby, cricket & league news on Stuff.co.nz

:laugh: good luck with that.
I am glad that international cricketers don't get an IQ test before they're eligible to play, for I can imagine people like Harbhajan, Symonds, Asif, McGrath etc easily being disqualified.

Flem274*

123/5
Offspinner Harbhajan Singh predicted a one-day whitewash that could propel India to the top of the rankings.

"I am sure that we will beat New Zealand 5-0 to become the No1 team in the world," he said. "I don't know what type of pitches we are going to get in New Zealand, but basics always remain the same.

Sachin says it won't be a breeze - New Zealand's source for sport, rugby, cricket & league news on Stuff.co.nz

:laugh: good luck with that.
From one bunch of arrogant pricks to another (though tbf the Indians on the whole are probably much better than the Aussie team in terms of humility).

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Why is Harbhajan such a weak-willed flip-flopper? The Indian team's arrival in 2002 was caught on a reality TV programme called Border Patrol, and Harbhajan was told to clean his cricket boots by customs officials, as they were caked with dirt. He arrogantly declared he'd never visit NZ again. Yet, here we have him making his usual ****wit predictions as though he is - shock horror - going to tour.

Money does strange things to even the most arrogant of upstarts.

Flem274*

123/5
Why is Harbhajan such a weak-willed flip-flopper? The Indian team's arrival in 2002 was caught on a reality TV programme called Border Patrol, and Harbhajan was told to clean his cricket boots by customs officials, as they were caked with dirt. He arrogantly declared he'd never visit NZ again. Yet, here we have him making his usual ****wit predictions as though he is - shock horror - going to tour.

Money does strange things to even the most arrogant of upstarts.
Haha was he really caught on TV? I have to find this.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
If you go to Google and type in Border Patrol Harbhajan, check out the first result. I'd link to it, but it's a torrent site and that's naaaawwwty.

Flem274*

123/5
If you go to Google and type in Border Patrol Harbhajan, check out the first result. I'd link to it, but it's a torrent site and that's naaaawwwty.
Haha just seen it. Not sure whats funnier though, the pics or the retards posting in that thread.

Precambrian

Banned
Do you fart? That's bigger threat to biosecurity than dirt on your shoes. No offence intended, just plain fact.

Oh in case you don't fart at all, then you are a ticking eco-time-bomb. :fear:

Flem274*

123/5
Do you fart? That's bigger threat to biosecurity than dirt on your shoes. No offence intended, just plain fact.

Oh in case you don't fart at all, then you are a ticking eco-time-bomb. :fear:
Spot who knows nothing about biosecurity.

Anything could be on your shoes, what if some form of insectiside, some random insect etc was on them? I doubt you fart insects or poisonous chemicals, unless you have some eating habits you'd like to tell us about

EDIT: and as a good Otago lad Susu, I would have thought you'd known this. :p

Last edited: