• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England in West Indies

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
There will be no second Test and Bell will score 240 in the two-day practice game before the third Test.
No-one should attach the remotest relevance to a two-day game, and fortunately it looks like that might be cancelled now. If some sort of game gets played at The ARG starting on the 15th\16th, it'll have to be seriously looked at.

popepouri

State Vice-Captain
A no result in Australia.
Play abandoned in WI
Plane went down near Buffalo NY.

It really is friday the 13th. Let's hope I have a job at the end of the day.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Not according to Botham. I think there's not been first class cricket there at all from what I can understand.
Blimey.
Why would there be any played there? Stanford has espressed his disinterest in the First-Class game. And even if he liked it, he'd have to basically offer to host the Leeward Islands Cricket Association - something he's hardly going to be likely to do.

Stanford doesn't have a First-Class team of his own, and for a ground to have First-Class cricket played on it, it needs to have a home team.

pasag

RTDAS
Not according to Botham. I think there's not been first class cricket there at all from what I can understand.
How many FC games have been played at this ground? From memory there hadn't been any before we'd played there for the first time last year and as far as I know there haven't been any since.

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
Yeah feel really bad for him, also comes at the worst possible time for West Indian cricket, just come of their best win for years and with a chance of winning a series and then this happens.
Beat South Africa for the first time away in the back end of 07.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Looks like there's no chance of playing at The ARG. Not terribly surprising really.

Only chance of not having this series reduced to a three-match one would be to have another game at Kensington Oval. Even if they can prepare two pitches in 13 days, it'd be damn difficult to find accommodation for all the fans.

shivfan

Banned
Looks like there's no chance of playing at The ARG. Not terribly surprising really.

Only chance of not having this series reduced to a three-match one would be to have another game at Kensington Oval. Even if they can prepare two pitches in 13 days, it'd be damn difficult to find accommodation for all the fans.
I missed that....

Why did they say that the ARG is out of the question?

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Andy Roberts who was the groundsman reckons it wouldn't be possible to get it ready in time for a test match. That's not official though.
Just tarmac the pitch - it will probably be more helpful for bowlers than most ARG pitches anyway.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Andy Roberts who was the groundsman reckons it wouldn't be possible to get it ready in time for a test match. That's not official though.
It's hardly surprising though, is it? You don't have to be a turf technician to know that preparing a cricket pitch with 2 days' notice is hardly realistic. It takes weeks to do with good effect.