• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** New Zealand in Australia

Athlai

Not Terrible
:laugh:

Don't need Bowden or Gilles-piethrower sorry.

How about............Ewen Thompson? :p

actualy come to think of it, he's been basically dropped from the 20/20 team. Harsh, took a wicket maiden.
Haha I mean more like O'Brien or Patel, maybe even Gillespie over Thompson.
I don't think the guys all that suited to limited overs at this stage, bit of a gun at the longer form though. Man if CD had bowlers they'd be gun but they don't so they're not.

Flem274*

123/5
Butler I'm not so sure about but the rest seem like good selections, though I'm not a big McGlashan fan. Always thought he was a bit better than Hopkins though, with the gloves and as a limited overs batsman.
Hopkins>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>McUseless as a wicketkeeper, and in spite of McUselessnesses dinky shots for six, would probably be a better batsman too. Hopkins can't win you games like McGlashan can, but McGlashans glovework and wierd batting can really get you in the ****.

H'es from ND too and as we all know, ND journeymen are the worst journeymen.

Mixmasterreece

U19 Debutant
Butler a good selection for T20 i think. Id be interested to see:

1. Brendon McCullum (w)
2. Martin Guptill
3. Ross Taylor
4. Grant Elliott
5. Neil Broom
6. James Franklin
7. Peter McGlashan/McCullum
8. Ian Butler
9. Kyle Mills
10. Daniel Vettori
11. Tim Southee

Athlai

Not Terrible
Hopkins>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>McUseless as a wicketkeeper, and in spite of McUselessnesses dinky shots for six, would probably be a better batsman too. Hopkins can't win you games like McGlashan can, but McGlashans glovework and wierd batting can really get you in the ****.

H'es from ND too and as we all know, ND journeymen are the worst journeymen.
Hopkins is useless too, though in fairness to him he isn't ND.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Butler a good selection for T20 i think. Id be interested to see:

1. Brendon McCullum (w)
2. Martin Guptill
3. Ross Taylor
4. Grant Elliott
5. Neil Broom
6. James Franklin
7. Peter McGlashan/McCullum
8. Ian Butler
9. Kyle Mills
10. Daniel Vettori
11. Tim Southee
Actually the more I think about it the more tempted I am to have Butler in the line up, though I'd bat Mills ahead of him. The guy is in form and I think could give the Aussies a bit of a shock by offering something a bit different to our attack.

Franklin should also play up the order, easily the best batsman so far in the domestic T20's, saving Wellingtons arse time and time again.

Flem274*

123/5
Haha I mean more like O'Brien or Patel, maybe even Gillespie over Thompson.
I don't think the guys all that suited to limited overs at this stage, bit of a gun at the longer form though. Man if CD had bowlers they'd be gun but they don't so they're not.
Thommo is probably more suited to OD than tests tbh, once the ball stops swinging he's as threatening as a Kyle Mills (tests) or a Shane O'Connor.

Funny on the 20/20 last night that apparently we rely on our bowlers. More like we go out and score 500 and have 600 posted against us by lunchtime (with Mason and Thompson being the only reason it isn't 2000)

thierry henry

International Coach
Actually the more I think about it the more tempted I am to have Butler in the line up, though I'd bat Mills ahead of him. The guy is in form and I think could give the Aussies a bit of a shock by offering something a bit different to our attack.

Franklin should also play up the order, easily the best batsman so far in the domestic T20's, saving Wellingtons arse time and time again.
?

What difference does Butler add to the attack?

Flem274*

123/5

Bit worried about Jimmeh facing the short ball tbh. Once he develops a good duck and hook he'll be sweet.

Awesome player to watch, has it all ahead of him really, can tear through the opposition with bat and ball.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Thommo is probably more suited to OD than tests tbh, once the ball stops swinging he's as threatening as a Kyle Mills (tests) or a Shane O'Connor.
I'd take another Kyle Mills over Southee TBH. Maybe Martin would still edge that 3rd seamer spot though.
O'Brien
Mills
Martin
Thommo/Southee

Thommo is definitely the form bowler in the state championship. 17 W @ 21.82
Though in the List A he had a bit of a poor run 12 W @ 33.08 Econ 5.17

Funny on the 20/20 last night that apparently we rely on our bowlers. More like we go out and score 500 and have 600 posted against us by lunchtime (with Mason and Thompson being the only reason it isn't 2000)
:laugh: Who the hell said that?

Flem274*

123/5
?

What difference does Butler add to the attack?
Another broken down fast bowler turned medium pacer.

I think he's rubbish tbh, and now that he's slower he'll be even worse. Hopefuly he's had the brains to give up on only bowling yorkers and bouncers as fast as he can and has found out what line and length is.

Actualy, Gillespie is pretty much the new Butler.

Flem274*

123/5
I'd take another Kyle Mills over Southee TBH. Maybe Martin would still edge that 3rd seamer spot though.
O'Brien
Mills
Martin
Thommo/Southee

Thommo is definitely the form bowler in the state championship. 17 W @ 21.82
Though in the List A he had a bit of a poor run 12 W @ 33.08 Econ 5.17

:laugh: Who the hell said that?
Smith or Richardson. Probably Smith.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Another broken down fast bowler turned medium pacer.

I think he's rubbish tbh, and now that he's slower he'll be even worse. Hopefuly he's had the brains to give up on only bowling yorkers and bouncers as fast as he can and has found out what line and length is.

Actualy, Gillespie is pretty much the new Butler.
How slow is he? (I haven't been able to watch any domestic stuff this season as I don't have sky at home.)

thierry henry

International Coach
Slightly quicker than O'Brien isn't he?
Mate this is worse in the "living under a rock" department than me not knowing about Styris/Richardson-gate.

Butler, as of his serious and ongoing/permanent injury circa late-2004, will never bowl fast again.

He performs the Diremanti role pretty much.

Flem274*

123/5
How slow is he? (I haven't been able to watch any domestic stuff this season as I don't have sky at home.)
Mills pace. Has decent variation (and better accuracy tbf, was a bit harsh in my "write up") than before, but just watching him screams TAMA CANNING MARK TWO louder than.....>insert something funny about ND<