• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** New Zealand in Australia

Flem274*

123/5
Phlegm Presents: A Laugh at NZers Production

Herald Commenters Are ********

Sean (Bucklands Beach)

Vettori keeps blaming everybody else for losing the game, and refuses to take responsibilty for his mistakes and poor decision making. His bowling has been dreadful, and he has been far too predictable in all aspects of his game. Time for him to be canned as captain, and replaced with a real captain - perhaps Matthew Sinclair.

Silence Somegood (Helensville)

They can win, with dedication, pride, and positive thinking. I consider that more care should be placed on placing the fielders. Come on guys, where is the eye of the tiger, and lay off the booze. Sua tella tonanti.

Clever Nickname (Nelson)
Get Luke Vivian in the Black Caps right now. Okay, sure, there's a chance he could prove to be another David Warner one-game wonder, but with our current depleted squad I reckon it is worth a shot.

Huggiebear (Ellerslie)
Strewth no cobber, they will implode as they usually do. Guptils poor form is reminiscent of the horror teams of 92-93 with Ducky Morrison and his cohorts, and then Jessie will get drunk again and bash some other part of his body, pushing fuller figured sportsmen reputation back another 50 years to the time of WG Grace. Then again if the ockers keep playing the way they did in the first two tests we may be in with a chance

Angus Young (New South Wales)
The Kiwis are trying to turn the 50 over game into test cricket. It is becoming so boring! I would like NZ to win but I think the selectors will make it hard for that to happen. Why not play Boult and Diamanti instead of Patel and Cumming.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Who is it?
It's Grant Lambert of Fairfield DCC and NSW. Something of an all rounder. I think those who know of him on here have a mud opinion of him, but tbh he has accomplished more for NSW than Henriques has in his career to date (albeit Henriques much younger).
Should also say Lambert broke the 1st grade runs scored in a season record a coupple of years back. Bowls quicker than Henriques too. Can get them to 140kph, often high 130s.
TBF though, don't think either should be anywhere near the Aussie side atm.

Natman20

International Debutant
I actually think Mason is ok. Against England last year he had a spell in which he got two quick wickets inluding Pieterson but is like martin and probably would get hit around more often than not. My squad is:

Guptil
Fulton
Taylor
Elliott
Broom
McCullum
Vettori
Mills
Southee
Patel/Diamanti
O'Brien

Last edited:

Flem274*

123/5
Phlegm Presents: A Laugh at NZers Production

Herald Commenters Are ********

Sean (Bucklands Beach)

Vettori keeps blaming everybody else for losing the game, and refuses to take responsibilty for his mistakes and poor decision making. His bowling has been dreadful, and he has been far too predictable in all aspects of his game. Time for him to be canned as captain, and replaced with a real captain - perhaps Matthew Sinclair.

Silence Somegood (Helensville)

They can win, with dedication, pride, and positive thinking. I consider that more care should be placed on placing the fielders. Come on guys, where is the eye of the tiger, and lay off the booze. Sua tella tonanti.

Clever Nickname (Nelson)
Get Luke Vivian in the Black Caps right now. Okay, sure, there's a chance he could prove to be another David Warner one-game wonder, but with our current depleted squad I reckon it is worth a shot.

Huggiebear (Ellerslie)
Strewth no cobber, they will implode as they usually do. Guptils poor form is reminiscent of the horror teams of 92-93 with Ducky Morrison and his cohorts, and then Jessie will get drunk again and bash some other part of his body, pushing fuller figured sportsmen reputation back another 50 years to the time of WG Grace. Then again if the ockers keep playing the way they did in the first two tests we may be in with a chance

Angus Young (New South Wales)
The Kiwis are trying to turn the 50 over game into test cricket. It is becoming so boring! I would like NZ to win but I think the selectors will make it hard for that to happen. Why not play Boult and Diamanti instead of Patel and Cumming.
Adding to that:

liuteine tofilau (New South Wales)

Is there any reason why the Aussies should respect us in cricket? Give me 1 reason in the last five years why they should.This sport and this side is the most overrated sports team to ever wear our colours. I hope the ockers absolutely crack the slack caps over the fence in every game they play.

Attila (Auckland Central)

I have no problem with how the Aussie media are labelling us, I think it`s not without good reason. It will take a long period of good performances and quality before we should be labelled anything other than strugglers.

David G (Glen Innes)

Our cricket team is useless all right. We are to the Australian cricketers what Scotland is to the All Blacks at rugby.

I'd get some comments on Haddin too, except we don't need that discussion again.

HMas

U19 12th Man
I actually think Mason is ok. Against England last year he had a spell in which he got two quick wickets inluding Pieterson but is like martin and probably would get hit around more often than not. My squad is:

Guptil
Fulton
Taylor
Elliott
Fulton
McCullum
Vettori
Mills
Southee
Patel/Diamanti
O'Brien
Does Fulton have a brother as well??

Athlai

Not Terrible
Twenty20 team for Australian game named :

Cricket: New look Black Caps squad named for Twenty20 - Sport - NZ Herald News

Black Caps Twenty20 squad
Daniel Vettori (Captain), Neil Broom, Ian Butler, Grant Elliott, James Franklin, Martin Guptill, Brendon McCullum, Nathan McCullum, Peter McGlashan, Kyle Mills, Iain O'Brien, Tim Southee, Ross Taylor.
Butler I'm not so sure about but the rest seem like good selections, though I'm not a big McGlashan fan. Always thought he was a bit better than Hopkins though, with the gloves and as a limited overs batsman.

Natman20

International Debutant
Butler wasn't a very good selection IMO. Isn't really good enough at domestic level after his come back let alone the NZ squad but its just T20, good to see McCullum and Mcglashan join though. My squad (without two Fultons this time :)):

Brendon McCullum (w)
Martin Guptill
Ross Taylor
Grant Elliott
Nathan McCullum
Peter McGlashan / Neil Broom
James Franklin
Kyle Mills
Daniel Vettori
Tim Southee
Iain O'Brien

That seems pretty good on the batting side of things and I think mcglashan could work as a batting option. Bowling wise there are 7 choices of bowlers which seems a bit extreme but I think Franklin, McCullum, Mills would all add to our batting efforts, I probably wouldn't expect Franklin to bowl all his overs.

Last edited:

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Butler wasn't a very good selection IMO. Isn't really good enough at domestic level after his come back let alone the NZ squad but its just T20, good to see McCullum and Mcglashan join though. My squad (without two Fultons this time :)):

Brendon McCullum (w)
Martin Guptill
Ross Taylor
Grant Elliott
Nathan McCullum
Peter McGlashan
James Franklin
Kyle Mills
Daniel Vettori
Tim Southee
Iain O'Brien

That seems pretty good on the batting side of things and I think mcglashan could work as a batting option. Bowling wise there are 7 choices of bowlers which seems a bit extreme but I think Franklin, McCullum, Mills would all add to our batting efforts, I probably wouldn't expect Franklin to bowl all his overs.
I think I'd switch McCullum and Franklin around.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Guptill
McCullum (wk)
Taylor
Franklin/Elliott
Elliott/Franklin
McCullum
Diremanti/McGlashan/Broom
Mills
Vettori
Southee
Insert Wellingtonian bowler

Maybe Diremanti could warrant a selection in the hit and giggles, probably more suited to no.7 than Broom or McGlashan and its just T20 so I'm not really bothered with his direness as much. I'd prefer Broom though.

Flem274*

123/5
I found this one too:

Kieron Phlegm (Taranaki)
Pfft! What iz this team selection about? Where iz Peta Ingram! He iz my boy! An he iz reely reely gud.
Thats about right. Easy to tell I didn't post it though, I can actually spell Kieran. Your spelling is on par with Richards. :p

I'd have Pinga over Cumma any day of the week though tbh.

Flem274*

123/5
Guptill
McCullum (wk)
Taylor
Franklin/Elliott
Elliott/Franklin
McCullum
Diremanti/McGlashan/Broom
Mills
Vettori
Southee
Insert Wellingtonian bowler

Maybe Diremanti could warrant a selection in the hit and giggles, probably more suited to no.7 than Broom or McGlashan and its just T20 so I'm not really bothered with his direness as much. I'd prefer Broom though.
:laugh:

Don't need Bowden or Gilles-piethrower sorry.

How about............Ewen Thompson? :p

actualy come to think of it, he's been basically dropped from the 20/20 team. Harsh, took a wicket maiden.

thierry henry

International Coach
Massive congrats to Butler for overcoming huge injury problems, pretty much reinventing himself as a cricketer and making the NZ side